Outfit Mission Statement: Mix your feminine, chic pencil skirt with neutral mixed prints and classy jewelry for a put-together, fun, boardroom-ready look
Working it Wednesday outfits are professional career clothes, often a step or two above Manic Monday outfits. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the pencil skirt in general, and the cabi Fall 2016 Sigourney skirt in particular. A pencil skirt is perfect for work, of course. The chic professionalism of the pencil skirt pairs perfectly with a cute jacket or blouse for work. But it also lets you get away with some more interesting choices, as it adds professionalism to anything. So, you can mix prints, wear a more causal shirt, and other things, and still look ready to take on the boardroom. This outfit is a fun mix of two cabi seasons and a mix of prints.
- Play off the professionalism of the pencil skirt for unique and fun pieces
- For a more put-together and professional print mixing, keep your prints to the same neutral colors, like black and white
- For all-day comfort with the left of a heel, opt for wedges
- Professional doesn’t have to be serious, feel free to mix prints in surprising ways in professional pieces
- Add a pop of color in an otherwise black and white outfit for a pop of color and interest
- A bun will also add some professionalism to more casual pieces, and compliments the chic, feminine pencil skirt
- Skirt: Sigourney Skirt from cabi Fall 2016, which is no longer readily available. See my introductory POW post for ways to get this skirt, turquoise alternatives, or other pencil skirts
- Tee: Bistro Tee from cabi Spring 2017
- Jacket: Dot Jacket from cabi Spring 2017 (note this is two sizes too small, so the real jacket will be bigger)
- Necklace: Lock & Key Necklace from cabi Spring 2017
- Bracelet: Lock & Key Bracelet from cabi Spring 2017
- Shoes: Palace Wedge by Tahari from Stitch Fix (use my referral link for $25 of your first Fix)
- Earrings: JustFab earrings that are not logger available; consider instead: Sable Black Onyx Stud Earring, Shining Star Stud Earring, or Aubree White Pearl Stud Earrings from eSBe Jewelry (For all eSBe orders and questions, I recommend my eSBe Stylist, Suzanne Wall Joffrion—her ID is 246131)
- Plume POW: Working It Classic & Modern Coco Wednesday: Create a career outfit with the same put-together professionalism as a suit with a few modern interpretations of classic pieces.
- Beyond POW: Working It Long, Lean, and Versatile Wednesday: For a long, lean professional look, wear dark neutral layers over a white shirt, a longer pencil skirt, and a cropped jacket.
- Go-To POW: Working It Classic Nautical Wednesday posted March 23, 2016: Combine the perfect black work trousers with a classic nautical jacket for chic, preppy, and professional look that implies success .