One of my main features will be to take one garment and style it seven different ways, showing the flexibility and range you can get with a little creatively. Often I will choose a garment that is currently available for purchase. Sometimes I will choose classic garments we likely all have in our closets or possibly types of garments we have but just do not wear enough.
I’ll give you a week of outfit ideas with this one garment from casual play outfits to dressy special occasion outfits. For each day of the week there will be a theme for the outfit:
- Manic Monday: Easy career clothes to throw on for manic Mondays (or casual Fridays or whatever).
- No place like Tuesday: Casual, comfy clothes for working from home, working at home, stay at home parenting, and anything else where comfort is key.
- Working it Wednesday: More professional career clothes, often a step or two above Manic Monday outfits
- TTT Thursday: Trendy, Transitional, and/or Terrific—in other words my choice. Whatever other outfit ideas the garment gave me. It may be something very trendy, transitional, or something else.
- Friday Night Drinks: Date night, going out clothes; something a little dressy, and/or maybe a little sexy, and certainly fun.
- Play Day Saturday: Clothes for taking your kids to the park, running errands, talking your dog for a walk, shopping, picnicking, travel, going to a museum or a zoo—out and about or home having fun clothes.
- Sunday Best: Special occasion clothes for dinning, theater, opera, holiday parties, church, and other such occasions that need fancy dress.
I don’t have the time to do this each week. That’s a lot of blog posts. So, I’m going to split this up over two weeks, going every other day:
- Week 1: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
- Week 2: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
I’m going to start next week with a garment from the cabi Fall 2105 collection, the Media Jacket. I had hoped to get this blog going while the Fall Collection was still available, but, alas, I did not. But this jacket can represent a jacket you have in your closet, and you can use what you have in similar ways. I’ll also find some similar jackets available and see if any samples are still out there.