Outfit Mission Statement: Mix casual pants with dressier tops in the same tone for a put-together and fun date night outfit
Friday Night Drinks POW outfits are for going out on a date, getting drinks, seeing a band play, going to dinner and a movie—something where you want to look good and may wear some sexier clothes and statement pieces. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi fall 2015 Media Jacket. To make it date night ready, I added a special top, some fun pants, a delicate necklace, and slouch boots. While this outfit is not “sexy,” the lower neckline on the blouse shows a bit more skin, which I accent with a fine necklace, giving sex appeal while still being fairly modest. The celadon cargo pants (which are like jeans) add color and fun, while dressing down the fancier top and jacket. I love taking dressier jackets and blouses and dressing them down with jeans or similar pants. Colored jeans make the casual element pop. The tonal match of the pants and jacket together with the black make for a striking two-color ensemble that looks more polished and put-together.
- Dress down fancier jackets and tops with jeans or casual pants for a date-ready look
- Play up a bit of skin with a delicate necklace
- Consider wearing colored jeans or pants to pop color and emphasize the casual
- Wear tonal colors with a neutral for a more polished and put-together look
The clothing items in this outfit are all cabi Fall 2015 (or earlier), and no longer available. Contact me if you must have it and I may be able to direct you to a stylist who has it. I offer ways to substitute from you own closet or alternatives below. I normally will make the POW a currently available item, but my blog launched later than planned.
- Jacket: Shown is the Fall 2015 cabi media jacket, which is now unavailable. From your own closet, you can substitute a cropped jacket and/or a flashy jacket in a shorter style. Or, if you want to purchase, here are a few other cropped jackets to consider instead:
- Blouse: This is an older cabi sleeveless blouse that I pulled out of my closet for this.
- Pants: These are the Celadon Cargos, also from cabi Fall 2015, and not available (although if you must have them, contact me and I may be able to find a stylist with a sample). Here are some substitutes from cabi Spring 2016:
- Boots: These are old slouch boots. I bet you can find some you love with a quick search, or have something else that works.
- Jewelry: The necklace is the Beaded Amazonite Necklace by Solid Treasures and is no longer available. She may be able to make you one by special order, I’m not sure. A shop update is coming soon, so look for something similar on her site.