If you celebrate this holiday of love, here are some gift ideas for that special (feminine) someone. These may also make great mid-winter pick-me-ups.
Jewelry is always a good option. Instead of going with something mass produced, consider supporting small businesses with these handmade pieces. I’m listing them by company, as there are specific details for many of the companies.
Shine Chaser Jewelry: I love Dana’s jewelry and she is a jewel to work with. If you purchase any of the jewelry pieces, you can apply her upcoming coupon codes (even before she announces them!):
- Save 20% off purchases $19 & under - code: SHINE20
- Save 40% off purchases $20 & over - code: SHINEON40
These codes do not apply to the bowl and plate, but Dana will include a free pair of amethyst earrings if you mention this blog, WorkingIt.net, in the comments when purchasing a bowl or plate! Shipping is the low cost of $2.85 via USPS first class. The jewelry and already made bowls and plates can be shipped next businesses day, arriving in five to seven business day. The customized bowls will take an extra three business days to be made (and dried). Consider these wonderful gifts:
- Rose Quartz Dangle Earrings: These are lovely earrings. I own a pair. The color(and name) makes them particularly fitting for Valentine’s Day. Or, at such a low cost a great gift to show yourself a little love (as I did!). Cost: $12 (less if you apply the above codes)
- Jade Floating Heart Pendant: This is a striking jade necklace. The heart is perfect for Valentine’s Day, without being obvious in red or pink. It’s a great way to show you care that will be wearable year round! I don’t have this, but that may change. Cost: $26 (less if you apply the above codes)
- Custom Glass Trinket Bowl, Crystal and Bead Dish by "The Heart Dish Company" (Dana’s son): Want to give something adorable that supports children and displays children’s art? And is custom to boot? These are wonderful bowls designed by Dana’s six-year-old son and 20% of sales go to a local children’s charity. You can have it customized with whatever you want written or drawn on it, perfect for a sweet message for your valentine! There is also the Glass Trinket Plate. They both come with gratitude note and a small crystal lovingly chosen by Chase. Think how great a gift a bowl with either the earrings or necklace would be? Cost: $5 for the dish and $6.50 for the plate (it doesn’t get better than that!). [Remember the discount codes do not apply to these, but you can get a free pair of amethyst earrings when you order if you mention Working It!]
Solid Treasures: I first discovered Solid Treasures through an Instagram Loop Giveaway. I loved the jewelry I saw when I started following the shop and was overjoyed when I won the Personalized Stamped Ring. I also ordered a necklace and received some earrings. The pieces are great and quality high. Shipping is only $3.95 for orders under $75 and free for those over. Two great gifts to consider for your special someone this Cupid’s day are:
- Personalized Stamped Ring: You can personalize this lovely lightly hammered sterling ring with a short message to your sweetie (up to 12 letters), such as “I love you,” “My Valentine,” ‘My love,” “Dearest,” or your own special endearment. Cost: $30
- Herkimer Diamond Earrings: These are lovely, one-of-a-kind earrings. In case you are wondering, “Herkimer diamonds are rare, double terminated quartz crystals.” Plus, these just went on sale! I do not own these, but am quite tempted. (If nothing else this else, putting this together has made me want to buy things!) Cost: $24 (on sale from $32!)
Skin & Body
Give your Valentine the gift of pampering. Doesn't she deserve it?
Perfectly Posh: My good friend Maggie introduced me to these products and I love them! Maggie recommends ordering by February 3 or 4th to ensure arrival before Valentine’s Day. If you do order, please use my referral links (which are all the links I provided), so I get Perks points! With Posh, when you buy five products, you get the sixth free! Shipping is a flat rate of $5. Here are a few pampering products for your Valentine:
- Love & Strawberry: A rejuvenating face mask with strawberry and other amazing natural products. There are even have strawberry seeds for exfoliation! I’ve not tried this, but it is tempting. This is a special Valentine’s Day product and there are limited supplies, so consider ordering ASAP. Cost: $18
- Love & Vanilla: This is a sweet vanilla and caramel perfume. Yum! This too is a special Valentine’s Day product and there are limited supplies, so consider ordering ASAP. Cost: $10
- Love & Chocolate: This takes the popular stripper, with a vanilla spice fragrance, and adds dark chocolate! It looks and sounds amazing. I think I may show myself some lover with this! Yes, this is also a special a Valentine’s Day product and there are limited supplies, so consider ordering ASAP. Cost: $24
- Honey, Honey Body Crème: I love this lotion. I put it on whenever I need to feel pampered or want to smell good! I highly recommend it! Combine this with the Muddy Honey and you have a great gift for your honey (couldn’t resist!). Cost: $16
cabi: I’m always a huge fan of cabi! It makes a great gift (and they have a good return & exchange policy). If you want to order, please contact my stylist Joni Allen joniallen.cabionline.com;
firstname.lastname@example.org; and/or 770 502-5243 (call or text). Please let her know I (Jennifer Bowie) sent you. Here are some great gifts to consider:
- Flora Scarf: Give your love a pop of color this Valentine’s Day! I always love the cabi scarves. They tend to be large and go with a surprising number of things! Cost: $49
- Locket Necklace: Lockets are a classic romantic gift. This one even has a heart design on it. It can be worn as a necklace or bracelet.
- Dolce Charm Earrings and Dolce Charm Necklace: These darling pieces go perfectly together. They are mixed metal (both an antique gold and silver) and would go with anything. One of the charms on both is flower and the necklace has a heart too! Cost: Earrings $39 and Necklace $59.
- Siena Blouse: This feminine blouse is also heart-warming as the “Heart of cabi” garment this season. A portion of the proceeds with fund the Heart of cabi Foundation and help women round the world! Thus you can give a gift that gives twice!