Outfit Mission Statement: Consider mixing versatile, life-style friendly pieces with a nice jacket for a fun outfit that can work for you
TTT Thursday outfits are Trendy, Transitional, and/or Terrific—in other words my choice. It is whatever other outfit ideas the garment gave me. It may be something very trendy, transitional, or something else. This week I went with comfy, trendy, and fun. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi fall 2015 Media Jacket. To make it even trendier I added two key pieces: the over-the-knee boots and the skirt/legging combo. The best thing about both of these pieces are their toddler-friendly nature! I love the skirt/legging combo because I can get down on the floor and play with my kid, without flashing the world. The boots have only a slight heel, so they are comfy and easy to chase kids in. The skirt/leggings combo also has the advantage of covering your butt, so you do not need to wear a longer shirt or tunic over your leggings. You can through these on and whatever top you want. I tend to wear longer tops with them for two reasons: one, it still hugs my butt pretty closely and two, I like the layered look of a long top, over the short skirt, as you can see here (maybe, since they are both black it can be hard). The shirt here is a long sleeve tunic length tee shirt. I kept black on black to make the jacket pop more, but you can have fun with colors here to show off the tunic and skirt layers. I also added a bit of bling with the necklace, but you can tone this down for a more casual look. While the rest of the days of the week have clear places/time to wear the outfits, the TTT Thursday outfits will vary. This outfit can work for a range of occasions from a date to dressing up for the playground. I think it works well when you want to look good, but be comfortable, such as shopping, going to a museum, walking around an art fair, antiquing, going to the zoo with the kids, and brunch on a busy day.
- Consider (if you have not already) adding this versatile skirt/leggings combo (cabi calls these M’leggings) to your wardrobe; they work great for anything leggings do, but have the added stylish touch of the skirt (without the impracticality); they also allow you to wear leggings without a tunic or longer shirt!
- Look for trendy pieces that work for your lifestyle, like flat or low-heeled boots if you run around a lot
- Add a flashy necklace to up the dressiness of the outfit—remove it or put on a less flashy one to increase the casualness
The clothing items in this outfit are all cabi Fall or Spring 2015, and no longer available. Contact me if you must have it and I may be able to direct you to a stylist who has it. I offer ways to substitute from you own closet or alternatives below. I normally will make the POW a currently available item, but my blog launched later than planned.
- Jacket: Shown is the Fall 2015 cabi Media Jacket, which is now unavailable. From your own closet, you can substitute a cropped jacket and/or a flashy jacket in a shorter style. Or, if you want to purchase, here are a few other cropped jackets to consider instead:
- Shirt: The Layering Tee shown is a cabi Fall 2015 item, but cabi has some great spring alternatives:
- Gathered Tee: This will give you the closest look, while adding some visual interest to the layer with the gathering
- Fiore Top: The color flowers on this will had color and casualness
- U-neck Tee: This is a fabulous piece over the M’leggings—I have a blue one from last spring and the combo is a favorite!
- M’Leggings: Yes, the M’leggings shown are not available (cabi Spring 2015), but cabi loves us and has some these season—Mesh M’Leggings!
- Boots: Arwan Fashion Boots sold at Target (something that is available!)
- Earrings: Vintage Crystal Studs by Stella & Dot
- Necklace: Sadly the Casablanca Necklace has sold out at Stella & Dot (they do have earrings and a bracelet if you like the look). If you want a longer statement pieces, consider the Nile Necklace, the Azure Tassel Necklace, or the Alila Lace Necklace.