Outfit Mission Statement: Integrate ponte knit into your career wardrobe and mix it with feminine blouses for strong, comfortable, and sweet office looks!
Manic Monday outfits are easy career clothes to throw on for manic Mondays. This Monday we focus on two things: comfort and feminine details. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi fall 2015 Love Blouse. Since the season is now over, this blouse can no longer be ordered. I have some substitutes below that are available. To substitute from your own closet, look for a feminine blouse with s special feature, like a riffled collar. If you must have this jacket, contact me and I may be able to put you in touch with a stylist who has a sample left.
For this outfit, I combined this lovely blouse with a career-ready jacket, for a professional look. But, then I toned it down and added comfort with skinny jeans and flats, for a comfortable, business casual look. One feature of the Love Blouse is the gathered collar, which looks great over jacket collars. With this collar or other blouses with special features near the neck, a necklace is not necessary. Another feature of the blouse is the ombré coloring that goes from light pink to a dark blue. Worn with dark blue jeans or pants, this creates a longer line, giving you additional height (even without heels!). But the jacket is a bit of a comfort secret weapon. It may look all professional, but it moves like a dream because it is a ponte knit—clean, career-minded lines with lots of give and take. If you don’t already have some ponte knit career clothes, get some! These pieces make it feel like you are working in yoga pants and a tee shirt.
- Get ponte knit career clothes, if you don’t already have them
- Skinny jeans can work at the office, just stick to darker colors, make sure your butt is covered, and make sure the rest of the outfit is dressier (smart business or dressier)
- If you have a conservative office, tone down bright pieces with neutrals
- Add a feminine blouse to a jacket and jeans combo to show your soft side along with your strong side
- Pop that awesome collar over your jacket for added interest
- Look for flats with feature that look like nice, career heels, such as this buckle for added polish
The clothing items in this outfit are all cabi Fall 2015, and no longer available. Contact me if you must have something and I may be able to direct you to a stylist who has it. Look for substitutes from your own closet or check out the alternatives below. I normally with make the POW a currently available item, but my blog launched later than planned and I wanted to share these outfits. The next POW will be of an available item, I promise!
- Blouse: This is the cabi fall 2015 Love Blouse. To find a substitute from your own closet, look for a feminine blouse with a special feature. If you don’t have quite the right blouse to substitute in your closet, consider these cabi Spring 2016 alternatives:
- Vita Blouse: This gorgeous draped blouse is also sleeveless, and has a sexy cutout in the back
- Bella Top: This feminize, fluttery blouse has a similar feel to the love blouse
- Plaza Top: This classic, flowing blue and white blouse has a cute Henley collar
- Tivoli Top: This fierce black and taupe blouse has plenty of cool features
- Jacket: I had a hard time finding good replacements for this cabi fall 2015 Crew Blazer. Your best bet may be to wait for the fall, when there should be at least one on the cabi Fall 2016 collection.
- Lido Jacket: A longer navy ponte jacket in the cabi Spring collection
- Notched-Lapel Ponte-Knit Cropped Blazer: This black or light pink blazer is by Bar III and available at Macy’s
- Playful Ponte Blazer: Another black option in a classic blazer style, by Chico’s
- Modern Ponte Pieced Jacket: Available in a white and camel by Chico’s—the reviews are questionable, but it looks cute
- While not ponte, there are some other cute jackets in the cabi Spring Collection:
- Jeans: Skinny jeans are everywhere. If you don’t already have some dark skinny jeans, I’m sure you can find some you will love. If you want something a bit less skinny (and white), consider the Slimmie. Or for a similar look, but with pants, consider the navy Capote Trouser.
- Jewelry: I kept my jewelry simple with gunmetal hoops (not the same ones I wore last week).--no idea where I got these, or when
- Shoes: These are older Aerosoles flats. Consider the Megaphone by Aerosoles, which has a cute, tailored look and silver details
Interested in a Spring version of this outfit? Consider this outfit that applies the same rules from the cabi Spring 2016 collection: Vita Blouse, Lido Jacket, and Capote Trouser with the Megaphone shoes by Aerosoles and the Dolce Charm Earrings.