Outfit Mission Statement: Combine rich colors and textures with an elegant draped top for an elegant and sophisticated special occasion look that will make you feel like a million dollars
Sunday Best POW outfits are special occasion clothes for dinning, theater, opera, holiday parties, church, and other such occasions that need something special. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the Beyond Tee from cabi Fall 2016. I show off the versatility of this amazing workhorse tunic tee right off, by showing two slightly different ways you can wear it, which are perfect for a special occasion. For both ways, I draped the two panels over my shoulders. For one way, I left it draped, for more of an open-sleeved look. For the other way I tied a corner of each panel in back, creating a draped cape look. Both ways are elegant and very stylish, perfect for a special occasion. The lovely draping and flow we get from each style adds a special occasion feel. We can emphasize that with a sophisticated and pretty lace skirt, and a camel faux fur Duchess Scarf (see, it’s even royal), some sexy shoes, gold pearl earrings, and a stunning beaded clutch. Once again, a few elegant and sophisticated additions and we have a classy, special-occasion ready out. The mix of rich, refined colors—plumberry and caramel—compliment the black, and bring class to a tunic tee. Also, the mix of textures—lace, fur, suede—add additional sophistication. The colors, textures, drapes and flows, create a fabulous, striking, elegant special occasion look that will make you feel like a million dollars (and look like it too!).
- Mix rich, unexpected colors for a sophisticated look
- Carmel is a great neutral that adds a bit for class to any outfit, plus it is on-trend right now
- When working with a more casual knit, add opulent textures, like lace, suede, and faux fur, to add polish and refinement
- Make a versatile piece work for you, by styling it in unexpected ways, such as draping and tying it
- Add elegant pieces to dress up your special occasion outfit
- For a refined look, limit your pallet to two or three rich colors
- Keep your neutral colors in the majority, with a single pop of a deep, rich color for a sophisticated take
- You can be sexy and somewhat modest at the same time with a knee-length (or longer) pencil skirt and top that dips in the back
- Compliment the outfit by matching your accessories to the color scheme—gold earrings and accents on the shoes to go with caramel, for instance
- When wearing the Beyond Tee in a style with draping in back, wear it backwards, so you get the v-neckline to show off some extra skin in back, further empathizing the back, while presenting a higher, more elegant neckline in front
- Top: Beyond Tee from cabi Fall 2016
- Skirt: This is the Frolic Skirt from cabi Fall 2014 and not available. Consider instead: either the Tulip Pencil Skirt or Floral Lace Pencil Skirt from Ann Taylor or the Scalloped Lace Pencil Skirt by Vince Camuto from Macy’s.
- Scarf: Duchess Scarf from cabi Fall 2016
- Shoes: These are from Target last year, I think. But, Target has some good substitutes: either the Journee Collection Fancy Ankle Strap Mesh Pumps or Piett Ankle Strap Round Toe Mary Jane Pumps both from Target or the Interlux from Aerosoles.
- Earrings: Faux gold pearl earrings bough years ago, consider the Gold Pearl Earrings by chicagolandia, shell pearl earrings by JupiterMoonJewellery (very similar), or Yellow Pearl Teardrop Earrings on Etsy.
- Clutch: Old clutch from Coldwater Creek; consider their current Shooting Star Evening Bagor Art Deco Beaded Clutch
If you would like the Beyond Tee, contact your cabi stylist. If you do not have one, please contact me in the comments or via email, reach out to my (Joni Allen via email or phone: 770 502-5243 [call or text]), or find a cabi stylist near you.
Beyond Tee Styling Technique: Chic Cape and & Elegant Cape
To grace the either of the cape techniques:
- Put it on backwards with the tag in front to for a more elegant back and to show off the back treatment
- Take each panel and put it over the shoulder of the side it is on (left panel over left should, right panel over right shoulder), and let them hang down your back and over your arms
- For Chic Cape: you are done
- For Elegant cape: take the inside corners of each panel and tie them in a knot, then let this hang down your back
- Love POW: Just add Sparkles, Fur, and Beads to make it Sunday Best Posted February 07, 2016: Take a pretty blouse and a neutral pencil skirt and turn it into a sophisticated special occasion outfit with fur, sparkles, beads, and mixing a single metal
- Plaid POW: Sparkling & Flannel Sunday Best Posted February 28, 2016: Turn flannel elegant by adding a dressy skirt and accessories
- Destructed White POW: Pretty in Pink & Pearls Sunday Best Posted June 19, 2016: Dress your destructed denim up for a special occasion look with fancy, feminine pieces for a pretty, edgy, feminine, and comfortable outfit
Or peruse the other Sunday Best special occasion outfits.