Outfit Mission Statement: Mix tough with feminine and goddess accessories for a beachy warrior goddess date night look
Friday Night Drinks POW outfits are for going out on a date, getting drinks, seeing a band play, going to dinner and a movie—something where you want to look good and may wear some sexier clothes and statement pieces. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the Pleated Star Skirt from Canvas by Lands’ End. This is a fun way to dress down the skirt, for a funky date night look. Instead of taking the pretty, feminine flow of the skirt, and adding to it with other pretty and feminine things, I add strong, dark pieces for a bold, edgier look. While this is a more summery outfit, you can get the same tough feel by adding a moto jacket over the muscle tee, which will also show off some crazy curves, and maybe switching out the sandals for some boots. Like some other date night outfits, this one is a fun mix of contrasts, while maintaining a feminine feel. This one is great for a seaside date of casual fine dining and a walk or the beach. But could work for anything where you want to be comfortable, and don’t need t be too casual or too dressy. I love the added touch of feminine strength with the Athena necklace. Not only does it go nicely with the gladiator-style sandals, but it adds to the tough and feminine feel of the outfit—perhaps Athena would wear this for a date?
- Dress down a pretty, feminine skirt with strong, dark pieces like a muscle tee and gladiator sandal for a warrior goddess tough & feminine date night look
- Black adds sex appeal generally (thus the LBD), and especially in this outfit
- Add toughness to an outfit with a muscle tee or other edgy tee or tank and gladiator-style sandals for warm weather or a moto jacket and moto boots for cooler weather (or some mix for fall!)
- Tie longer tees/tanks at the waist to create more of an hourglass shape by emphasize the waist; it can also add flair and hide the belly
- Accessorize with handmade jewelry for a one-of-a-kind look that likely supports small business or individuals
- Wear a striking ring on your index or middle finger for a more striking and eye-catching look with attitude
- Skirt: Pleated Star Skirt from Canvas by Lands’ End
- Top: Muscle Tee from cabi Spring 2016—no longer available. If your cabi stylist cannot get it for you, try the outfits come next spring, or consider either the Cap Sleeve Turtleneck from cabi fall 2017 for a slightly more sophisticated take on this idea, or the T by Alexander Wang Single Jersey Muscle Tee on rrCloth.com or the Soft Skull Muscle Tee on Dawoob for an even tougher look and fun detail in the back.
- Shoes: Yet Another by Aerosoles, which is no longer available. Consider these: Yeticulous, Social Chlub, or Encychlopedia all form Aerosoles.
- Earrings: Mermaid Earrings by Kelly Annie
- Necklace: Athena Necklace by Kelly Annie
- Ring and Bracelet: Sandstone cuff & Sandstone ring custom order with Solid Treasures
Interested in purchasing? If my post inspired you to buy the lovely Pleated Star Skirt from Canvas by Lands’ End or other items from Lands’ End, please consider using my referral link. I’ll get 25% off my next order and be very grateful! Let me know you used my referral link, and give you a shout out including links to your social media.
- Destructed White POW: Bare Shoulders, Strong & Sexy Date Night posted August 12, 2016: For an ageless, sexy date night look, bare your shoulders (but feel free to keep everything else covered).
- Plaid POW: Date Night Flannel Heat posted February 26, 2016: Don’t rule out a flannel shirt for a sexy date outfit—just add other pieces with plenty of sex appeal.
- Love POW: Spicy Sweet Friday Night Drinks posted February 05, 2016: Mix romantic pretty items with ripped denim and black leather for a look that is both sugar and spice and certainly nice.