Outfit Mission Statement: To rock a faux fur, focus on neutral and natural pieces that emphasize your curves
TTT Thursday outfits are Trendy, Transitional, and/or Terrific—in other words my choice. It can be whatever other outfit ideas the garment gave me. It may be something very trendy, transitional, terrific, or something else. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the Beyond Tee from cabi Fall 2016. This POW we are going for Trendy and Terrific. The faux fur vest is a very on trend statement fur and such a cozy fun option for fall. The utility pant is also on tread, and, of course, cutie booties are!
One of the terrific things about this outfit is the mix of neutrals—cream, acorn, brown, and jade. This creates a calm feel, while popping the luxury of the faux fur vest. The draping adds a feminine feel without being overly girly.
Beyond Tee Styling Technique: Draped Curves
To rock the “Draped Curves” technique:
- Put it on the normal way with the tag in back
- Take each panel and wrap it around your side to the back, with right panel going to the right and left to the left
- Cross the panels in back, pulling the right one to the left and left one to the right
- Bring the panels around to the front
- Keep the panels at waist level
- Keep the panels smoother, not gathered
- Check your wrap—the left panels should now be coming around your right side and the right panel around your left side
- Take the top corner of the bottom of each panel and tie in a knot at your natural waist
- Let the bottom corners hang down, creating a fun draped look that will emphasize curves while hiding the tummy
- When rocking a flashy faux fur vest, mix is with calm neutrals to put the emphasis on the soft fur
- The faux fur vest doesn’t require longer sleeves, feel free to combine it with sleeveless or short sleeved tops before it get too chilly—this will also extend how long you can wear it
- Look for tops that emphasize your waist, especially when layered under a bulky open vest—this will show you have curves under the fur
- If your booties and the hem of your pants are not getting along, consider rolling the pants above the bootie: this will show off the botties and not lead to the awkward pants bunching above the bootie
- To keep the outfit more casual, go for simpler accessories with the faux fur vest—otherwise it can get loud quickly (which can be good too, but is less casual)
- If you do not already have them, consider adding a utility style pants to your wardrobe—they are versatile, on-trend, and practical
- Choose a stone or other natural element (such as wood or leather) to any accessories with the faux fur—this works with the faux fur to create a natural look
- Top: Beyond Tee from cabi Fall 2016
- Pants: Scout Pant from cabi Fall 2016
- Vest: Aspen Vest from cabi Fall 2016
- Necklace: Crescent Necklace from cabi Fall 2016
- Booties: Older L. L. Bean Signature booties, which are no longer available. Consider the Signature Mid-Heel Ankle Booties, Signature Leather Ankle Boots, or the Maddelena Booties by Kork-Ease.
- Bracelet: Mindy Cuff from Cents of Style. Consider these options from Etsy: Wide Brown Leather Cuff Bracelet by aosLeather Amethyst Grey leather bracelet by Elwelry, or Leather Cuff Bracelet by TheLacesHandmade.
If you would like the Beyond Tee, contact your cabi stylist. If you do not have one, please contact me in the comments or via email, reach out to my (Joni Allen via email or phone: 770 502-5243 [call or text]), or find a cabi stylist near you.
Plaid POW: The Trendiest Thursday Posted March 03, 2016: Don’t be afraid to mix trends.
Plume POW: The Stylish Safari Princess Thursday posted April 14, 2016: For a trendy outfit with masculine and feminist touches, mix tulle and military/safari style.
Plaid POW: Sparkling & Flannel Sunday Best posted February 28, 2016: Turn flannel elegant by adding a dressy skirt and accessories.