Outfit Mission Statement: For a bold, eye-catching femme Fatale look, combine red and with curve hugging black
Friday Night Drinks POW outfits are for going out on a date, getting drinks, seeing a band play, going to dinner and a movie—something where you want to look good and may wear some sexier clothes and statement pieces. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Fall 2016 Beyond Tee.
Red and black are often the sexist colors. We have the LBD, the Jessica Rabbit red dress, and of course the long history or red or black lingerie. Combining them makes for one smoking hot date look, even when you are not showing a lot of skin. It’s an easy, eye-catching combination that will make you feel sexy. This combination also works well for holidays like Christmas and Valentine’s Day! With such high-impact colors, you do not need to wear loud accessories or jewelry. You are the statement piece!
Beyond Tee Styling Technique: Sexy Side Wrap
To rock the “Sexy Side Wrap” technique:
- Put it on the normal way, with the tag in back for a lower and more date-ready neckline
- Tuck the bottom of the tunic part of the tee shirt (not the panels) into your skirt
- Choose the side you want the tie and ends to be, it is best to do it on the side of the panel that overlaps on top of the two panels (left side)
- Take the panel on the opposite side (right side) and pull is diagonally across the front of your body to the opposite hip
- Take the panel on the knot side (right, and keeping it on top of the other panel), wrap it diagonally across your chest to the left hip
- Once it is at your hip, gather it into more of a tie shape than a flat panel.
- Continue with the right panel, wrapping it around your hip and continuing to wrap it behind you, from your right hip to left hip.
- Gather both panels at the left hip and tie them, letting the ends drape down your side
- For a sexy, attention-grabbing look combine a fiery red with black
- When wearing knockout colors, you can keep the accessories simple in neutrals and a single metal
- Add a wrap or moto jacket on chiller days to keep the sexy but add the warmth
- Don’t be afraid of wearing red, even if you have red hair. If you are not sure of the color near your face and hair, wear it as a skirt, pants, or even shoes!
- Sexy colors and curve hugging pieces, such as the Beyond Tee in this “Sexy Side Wrap” technique, can make you a femme fatale without showing a lot of skin
- Tie the Beyond Tee at your natural waste to best emphasize your curves
- When wearing such a bold, sexy outfit, make sure you also wear your confidence—the colors and knowing you look awesome will help
- Top: Beyond Tee from cabi Fall 2016
- Skirt: Fiery Skirt from cabi Fall 2016
- Shoes: These are from Target last year, I think. But, Target has some good substitutes: Journee Collection Ike Faux Suede Ankle Strap Pumps, Michaela Velvet Ankle Tie Bock Heels by Who What Wear, and the Journee Collection Cairo Lace-Up Ankle Strap Pointed Toe Mary Jane Pumps
- Handbag: This was a gift, but seems to be the L&M convertible reversible black and gold handbag or clutch
- Necklace: This is the Midas Leaf Collar, which I bought a few years ago from BaubleBar, but it is no longer available. Consider instead the Atlas Collar, Torberta Bib, or Gold Ra Bib from Baublebar.
- Earrings: Faux gold pearl earrings bough years ago, consider the Gold Pearl Earrings by chicagolandia, shell pearl earrings by JupiterMoonJewellery (very similar), or Yellow Pearl Teardrop Earrings on Etsy.
For other sexy date night looks:
- Destructed White POW: Bare Shoulders, Strong & Sexy Date Night: For an ageless, sexy date night look, bare your shoulders (but feel free to keep everything else covered).
- Run Around POW: Sexy & Comfortable Date Night: Be the sexiest and most comfortable woman in the room by wearing a curve-hugging, flaw-hiding all-black outfit in a soft, comfortable fabric.
- Plaid POW: Date Night Flannel Heat: Don’t rule out a flannel shirt for a sexy date outfit—just add other pieces with plenty of sex appeal.
If you would like the Beyond Tee, contact your cabi stylist. If you do not have one, please contact me in the comments or via email, reach out to my stylist Joni Allen (via email or phone: 770 502-5243 [call or text]), Leigh Cheatwood-Harris (a friend’s stylist whom I have worked with also and can recommend: email and her site) or find a cabi stylist near you.