Outfit Mission Statement: Take romantic, vintage-inspired pieces and mix them with sleek, trendy pieces for a sweet, fresh and modern look
TTT Thursday outfits are Trendy, Transitional, and/or Terrific—in other words my choice. Whatever other outfit ideas the garment gave me. It may be something very trendy, transitional, or something else. This week I went with cute, classy, and trendy. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi fall 2015 Love Blouse. This outfit could easily work for a date night or a night out with the girls. I see a Valentine's day celebration, fancy drinks, gallery openings, dinner with friends, a weeknight celebrations, and theater in this outfit’s future (and it's great for standing in a driveway with the family’s chalk art!). This outfit is a fun mix of pretty and sweet with sleek and stylish. I love it! The trick is to not go too far with either the sleek & stylish or the pretty & sweet. The romantic Love Blouse, the pretty lace top, the vintage bead clutch, and the darling rose quartz earrings all add a pretty and even vintage feel. But add skinnies with rolled hems and sleek sexy shoes and you have a balanced fresh look. The neutral navy in the blouse, lace top, and jeans also pulls the look together with a more modern feel and tones down the sweet pieces so this is not sugary sweet. The mix of gold, a pewter, and silver in the earrings give it a chic touch that is not too matchy-matchy.
Pair romantic, vintage-inspired (or vintage) pieces with sleek modern pieces for a look stands out (and doesn’t go overboard in either direction)
Draw the outfit together with a darker neutral theme—this will tone down any sticky sweetness and provide a modern feel
Roll those jean hems to show off sexy shoes
Accessorizing with different metals adds a chic touch and compliments (and updates) the vintage pieces
Consider a side ponytail when you want both sleek and free (this works especially well with waves and curls)
When you have clothing that has its own “built in” accessories—like the ruffles collar on the Love Blouse or the lace of the lace top, you do not need to add a necklace, as it could distract. But have fun with things further away from these built in accessories, like a clutch or purse and shoes.
The clothing items in this outfit are all cabi Fall 2015, and no longer available. Contact me if you must have something and I may be able to direct you to a stylist who has it. Look for substitutes from your own closet or check out the alternatives below. I normally will make the POW a currently available item, but my blog launched later than planned and I wanted to share these outfits. The next POW will be of an available item, I promise!
- Blouse: This is the cabi Fall 2015 Love Blouse. To find a substitute from your own closet, look for a feminine blouse with a special feature. If you don’t have quite the right blouse to substitute in your closet, consider these cabi Spring 2016 alternatives:
- Vita Blouse: This gorgeous draped blouse is also sleeveless and has a sexy cutout in the back
- Bella Top: This feminize, fluttery blouse has a similar feel to the love blouse
- Positano Top: This flowy top reminds me of vintage fabric but with very current colors
- Gemma Top: This bright green beauty has eyelets and lace for a vintage and trendy feel
- Jeans: Skinny jeans are everywhere. If you don’t already have some dark skinny jeans, I’m sure you can find some you will love. If you want something a bit less skinny (and white), consider the Slimmie.
- Lace Top: The London Top is, yup, a cabi Fall 2015 item and no longer for sale. Here are some different directions you can go:
- Capri Top: With crochet ivory lace in a flowing oversized design, you get a vintage bohemian feel. Consider wearing a bright cami or tank underneath to pop color and add some pizazz, such as the Tiger Lily Layer Tank or either V-Neck Cami.
- Piccolo Shrug: This bright, cropped shrug has a 60s feel
- Portico Shrug: Another bright shrug, this has more of a modern feel with dolman sleeve and an open design
- Earrings: These are Rose Quartz Dangle Earrings by Shine Chaser Jewelry
- Clutch: This is a vintage clutch (I’m guessing from the 1950s or 1960s) that my mom bought me for Christmas. I’ll put the shop name in where she got it when she gets back to me.
- Shoes: These lovely gray and pewter pumps are the Audrey Brooke Glenda Pump, which I recently got for a steal (under$20) at DSW, but are showing as $39.94 online