Outfit Mission Statement: Don’t rule out a flannel shirt for a sexy date outfit—just add other pieces with plenty of sex appeal
Friday Night Drinks POW outfits are for going out on a date, getting drinks, seeing a band play, going to dinner and a movie—something where you want to look good and may wear some sexier clothes and statement pieces. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the L.L. Bean Slightly Fitted Scotch Plaid Shirt in Deep Evergreen Tartan. Yes, flannel can be sexy, see? My husband loved this outfit. The secret is to mix the flannel with other sexy pieces, for an overall sexy look. The faux leather pencil skirt adds both edge and sex appeal. I layered the flannel over a cami that has a mesh trim for more edge and sex appeal, while remaining fairly modest. Then, I added the ankle strap heels to continue the trend. The statement necklace draws attention to the open shirt and cami, attracting the eye to the skin. I added a shiny clutch and some sparkly earrings to polish it off. Overall, this is a sexy, edgy look that is still modest and even cozy.
- Think outside the box for date night outfits, consider flannel shirts and other items that can be mixed into fabulous date outfits
- Mix pieces that may come across as plain and not remotely sexy with pieces with high sex appeal for an overall sexy look
- When working with thicker layers like flannel and faux leather, consider adding a belt to best emphasize (or create) an hourglass shape
- Sexy doesn’t have to reveal much—an unbuttoned shirt and an above-the-knee (but not really short) pencil skirt
- Add sex appeal through details like faux leather and mesh trim
- A sexy pair of heels will give any outfit a spicy kick
- Draw attention to key features by adding some sparkle—like wearing a statement necklace to attention to your décolletage
- Flannel Shirt: L.L. Bean Slightly Fitted Scotch Plaid Shirt in Deep Evergreen Tartan
- Mesh Cami: This cami is from many cabi seasons ago and is not available. Look for any flirty cami or blouse such as the Vita Blouse or the Sleeveless Double Drape Tee
- Faux Leather Pencil Skirt: This is also from cabi seasons past, and is not available. A few alternatives are the Leather Pencil Skirt by White House Black Market or the Calvin Klein Faux-Leather Panel Pencil Skirt available at Macy’s. If you want something that feels more spring-like, consider the Lido Skirt from cabi Spring 2016 collection.
- Shoes: These are from Target last year, I think. But, Target has some good substitutes:
- Belt: This is also from an earlier cabi season. Consider the Beaded Inset Buckle Belt, the Skinny Jeweled Pant Belt, or the Trio Interlock Stretch Belt all at Macy’s
- Necklace: Twilight Fringe Necklace by Stella & Dot
- Earrings: Vintage Crystal Studs by Stella & Dot
Are you thinking of spring clothes now and looking for a spring translation of this? Consider the boutique-style denim Bardot Shirt, Sleeveless Double Drape Tee, and the Lido Skirt from cabi Spring 2016 collection. Consider wearing the shirt open and tied at your waist. The Twilight Fringe Necklace and Vintage Crystal Studs by Stella & Dot work for spring too. Add the Interlux for fun shoes and you have a sexy spring version.
Extra cuteness for your viewing pleasure.