The cabi Lido Skirt and Lido Jacket are two of the Seven Transitional cabi Spring 2016 Pieces That You Need Now. They work perfectly together as a suit, so I’m showing them as a suit with the amazing Vita Blouse.
From the cabi Spring 2016 collection, there are plenty of tops that would work perfectly for work with the Lido Skirt and Jacket:
- The flowy and feminine Bella Top
- The bright, bold, and fun Blossom Top
- The classic and flowing Plaza Top
- The gorgeous and sexy Vita Blouse
- The bohemian peasant-style Siena Blouse
- The striking chevron pattern Linea Cami
- The boutique-styled denim Bardot Shirt
- The subtlety fun and modern Martini Top
- The bright and comfortable U-Neck Tee
- The bold, fun, and striking Rita Top
- The lovely and colorful Plume Top
- The flattering and sophisticated Sleeveless Double Drape Tee
Even more of the spring tops go, these are just some of my favorites (and I ran out of room in the image!).
- Treat navy as a neutral. You may be surprised how well everything goes with it.
- Orange is a great contrast for navy and it adds a touch of fun to a color that can get serious. So consider pairing it with pieces like the Blossom Top, Rita Top and U-Neck Tee.
- Consider tops with navy in them for a more formal look and longer line, such as the Plaza Top and Martini Top.
- Or go all out with the navy or the Sleeveless Double Drape Tee for career column dressing at its best and a more formal look.
- With the more formal navy suit, you can wear more casual tops and still have a great professional office look—consider the Bardot Shirt and U-Neck Tee (see Dress up Denim & the post for styling tips).
Either piece works well separately too, of course. Here are a few tips for each worn along.
A navy pencil skirt a wardrobe essential. In fact, I’d say if you have one skirt in your closet it should be a navy pencil skirt (and ideally in ponte). This Lido Skirt has functional pockets (!!!) and a tiered hem for a bit of interest.
- A navy pencil skirt is perfect for work or evenings, and is the ideal day-to-night piece. Grab a jacket and put a sexy top underneath (maybe the Vita Blouse) and you are good for a day at the office and a night on the town.
- Pair with a black blazer or top for a very on trend and classic French look. Consider the Tivoli Top, Gathered Tee, Crop Top, and/or Sorrento Cardigan.
- You can easily add a bit of class and sophistication to casual blouses or any top you wear with it. Feel free to pair it with denim, flannel, and other casual styles to be comfortable and still professional (see Dress up Denim & the post).
- Career style is so easily with the Lido skirt. Just find a nice blouse or top and you are good to go. You can add a jacket in any color for a more formal career look—even other neutrals.
- Cardigans also look great with this skirt. Consider the Michelle Cardigan, Blanca Cardigan, or the Cobblestone Cardigan for a fresh spring office look.
- Pair it with navy & white stripes for a happening & classic nautical look, such as the Cruise Jacket.
This is a sleek, modern jacket with figure flattering seems and functional pockets. The length should work regardless of your height. It’s a perfect career piece.
- Create a suit with either the Lido Skirt or Capote Trouser.
- For a business casual look, throw it on over a nice blouse and slim jeans or slacks.
- Push the sleeves up for a more modern take (or warm days).
- Think of this as a fun & sophisticated layer—top a casual outfit or a sexy one.
- Throw it on as a jacket, especially when you want an extra bit of sophistication outdoors (show off at car pool!)
- Wear it closed for a simple sleek look (especially over the Lido Skirt or Capote Trouser)
- Wear it with bright jeans and a bright top to make the colors pop even more
- Pair it with navy & white stripes for a happening & classic nautical look, such as the Boat Stripe Tee or the First Mate Tee.
- You can create a lapel with this jacket simply by folding the collar down, as I did in the pictures--perfect for showing off that great blouse underneath.
Want to buy? My first cabi show is still open, and I’d welcome your order. Please contact me in the comments or via email or my stylist (Joni Allen via email or phone: 770 502-5243 [call or text]) and we can get you set up. Any order you make will count toward my show total. For each $250 spent in my show, I get one half priced item. So, I’m be quite grateful of any orders!