Outfit Mission Statement: For a simple date night look, take your wardrobe essential black pants, add a romantic & sexy blouse along with a few accessories and you are good to go!
Friday Night Drinks POW outfits are for going out on a date, getting drinks, seeing a band play, going to dinner and a movie—something where you want to look good and may wear some sexier clothes and statement pieces. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 Go-To Trouser. Sometimes the perfect look for a date night is simple. Take a pair of black pants, add a romantic & sexy blouse, then some jewelry, neutral shoes, a clutch, and you are done. This outfit is one example of why you need a pair of black pants—why these are wardrobe essentials. They work wonderfully for work, of course, but they can also be wonderful for a date. With the right blouse to balance out the practical, business feel of these pants, you can create a classic, simple, and sexy go-to date night outfit. Look for a blouse with feminine and sexy details to balance the pants and look great on your date or night out.
- Look good coming and going by finding a blouse with some detail on the back, such as this cutout
- To keep it simple with unassuming and delicate jewelry and neutral sandals
- To make it date-ready, look for a blouse with some color and avoid unadorned neutrals
- Balance the business of the black pants with feminine and/or sexy details like a draped neck; feminine print; sheer, flowy fabric; pretty colors; and/or a striking cutout in the back
- Remember, all you need for a stunning & simple date night look is a feminine blouse and your wardrobe essential black pants, and basic accessories—sometimes less and simple is more
- Trousers: Go-To Trouser from cabi Spring 2016
- Blouse: Vita Blouse from cabi Spring 2016
- Necklaces: Ice Infinity Pendant & Pisces Strands from Bauble Bar
- Clutch: Old clutch from Coldwater Creek; consider their current Shooting Star Evening Bag or Art Deco Beaded Clutch
- Earrings: Cherry Quartz Gemstone Earrings from Shine Chaser Jewelry
- Bracelet: Ivie Bangle by Stella & Dot purchased in 2014. Consider instead the Eden Bangle, Cage Cuff, or the Artisan Marquis Cuff all by Stella & Dot
- Shoes: I think these are very old Aerosoles. Consider some of the ones available, such as: Flamingo, Ginastics, or Lambada