Outfit Mission Statement: Dress down those work-appropriate black pants with a boxy tee, explore vest, and handmade jewelry
No place like Tuesday outfits are casual, comfy clothes for working from home, working at home, stay at home parenting, and anything else where comfort is key and you are home. Although they will work for errands and anything else casual. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 Go-To Trouser. Even business-appropriate pants can be part of your casual work-at-home or chasing-after-toddlers look. Just add casual pieces! But don’t just go for your white tee shirt. First, white and toddlers mix really well—if you want to look like everything your toddler ate and did that day. Second, white and black are a more sophisticated combinations and may look less casual. Instead shoot for muted colors. Heather gray is about as casual as you can get. For some pop of interest, consider stripes with some other color like this lovely pop of sky blue. A military/safari inspired vest, such as this olive green one, adds casual, fun, and practical. Jewelry that is handmade, muted or antiqued, and of natural stones adds more casual, but also some earthiness. Strappy leather and canvas sandals play off the safari look, but should be traded out for something with more traction if toddler chasing.
- For a casual and practical look, add a an olive green military/safari inspired vest
- Wear simpler, natural accessories, like handmade jewelry with semi-precious polished stones for a touch of casual and earthy
- Look for tee shirts in casual (and stain hiding) colors like heather gray
- A boxy tee shirt adds extra casual and comfort, while being on-trend
- Remember, olive green is a “new neutral” and can be worn with anything, including three other neutrals
- Do add a pop of color, such as the sky blue stripe, to make sure your casual outfit is not too dull
- Trousers: Go-To Trouser from cabi Spring 2016
- Tee Shirt: Sky Stripe Tee from cabi Spring 2016
- Vest: Explorer Vest from cabi Spring 2016
- Earrings Bronze & Gray Druzy Earrings by Live Love Boutique
- Necklace: Citrine Crystal Wire Wrapped Pendant on Vintage Brass Chain by Shine Chaser Jewelry
- Bracelet: cabi Fall 2015 Heirloom necklace—the necklace converts into several different pieces. The cabi Spring 2016 Locket Necklace is also a convertible piece and can be worn as a bracket and belt also, and has a similar feel to the Heirloom.
- Shoes: Older, not sure of brand. Consider these available Aerosoles shoes: Layette, Yet Another, Cyberspace, and Yet Plane