Outfit Mission Statement: Mix geek with trendy and a comfy flannel shirt, for a practical geek chic look
Play Day Saturday are clothes for taking your kids to the park, running errands, talking your dog for a walk, shopping, picnicking, travel, going to a museum or a zoo—out and about or home having fun clothes. These are the clothes you often live the best parts of your life in! The POW (Piece of the Week) the L.L. Bean Slightly Fitted Scotch Plaid Shirt in Deep Evergreen Tartan. This outfit is the first of my chic geek outfits—waving your geek flag in chic ways. Expect more of these. They are so much fun. Not only does this outfit work for the above, but add to the list gaming, comic, and other geek conventions; going to the latest superhero movie; playing games in a coffee shop; a day or night of role playing with friends; drinks and video games at a geek bar.
Here I had taken the amazing cabi M’Leggings, which provide comfort and style and just a bit of sexy with the short skirt. I swear these are flattering on anyone. They cover the tush and front, so no need to wear a tunic over the leggings. Feel free to throw on even a geek t-shirt! The flannel adds comfort and can cover any tummy issues. Then add a geek necklace, some fun earrings, and animal print shoes. You are chic, geek, comfortable, and cute.
- Mix trendy with geeky for a geek chic look
- Keep the geek aspects limited—go for one or two playful geek focus pieces (too many will be distracting and overwhelming)
- Add fun on-trend pieces that are comfortable to compliment to geek and allow you to demonstrate that kick butt move your character just made
- Flannel is a great layer and cover up and if you get warm at the con, you can always take it off and wrap it around your waist
- Flannel Shirt: L.L. Bean Slightly Fitted Scotch Plaid Shirt in Deep Evergreen Tartan
- Skirted Leggings: These are a previous season of cabi M’Leggings, but there is a great pair this season--cabi Mesh M’Leggings
- T-Shirt: This Tea Rex t-shirt is available at Snorg Tees
- Necklace: This silver necklace is has the chemical symbol for silver on it and mimics the Ag cell in the periodic table of elements (did not get a good picture of it). It was a Christmas gift purchased on Etsy. I’ll post a link to it when I can get more details from Jacob. Similar, similar, and similar.
- Shoes: Ellie Ballet Flats at Target
- Earrings: This dangle star earrings were purchased in the late summer of 2015 at Hancock Fabrics but I cannot find any earrings on their site. Consider instead:
Want to try this with denim and dragons? Check out this Game-of-Thrones-ready geek chic outfit: cabi Spring 2016 Bardot Shirt and Mesh M’Leggings with the Dragons are a Girl’s Best Friend tee from Snorg Tees, Chemistry Periodic Table Necklace, Target’s Ellie Ballet Flats, and Sun Chaser’s Simple Hematite and Wire Dangle Earrings.