Outfit Mission Statement: For a casual, yet professional, office look, consider ponte and a peasant blouse with your cardigan
Manic Monday outfits are easy career clothes to throw on for manic Mondays. This Monday we focus on creating a comfortable and easy work outfit. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 Michelle Cardigan. This is a work-ready cardigan. It’s perfect for the office and doesn’t need any help becoming work appropriate. For a more casual and comfortable office look, think ponte and peasant. I’ve mentioned before the value of ponte knit for work. Ponte is the perfect work fabric, as it is comfortable but still looks professional. I had two pairs of cabi ponte knit pants I worked in while pregnant until I had to get pants with a maternity band—they are that comfortable! Here we are going with ponte trousers that feel have the comfort of yoga pants. To keep things casual, think peasant blouse. These blouse keep coming back into style (or not going out?) because they are so easy to wear and versatile. Since they do have a more casual style, this blouse tones down the more serious navy trousers and cardigan—adding femininity too. The looks is easy, comfortable, and ready for a Monday of work.
- When you are trying to keep it casual, dress down navy trousers and a navy cardigan with a more casual blouse, such as a peasant blouse
- For day-to-night wear the peasant blouse is perfect—it makes a good layer under a cardigan for work and then take off the cardigan at night and you have a casual and chic outfit
- Seriously, get ponte for work and the rest of your life
- For a super easy look, leave the peasant blouse tie out over your cardigan—this give your some visual interest around your neck without adding a scarf or necklace (you just saved yourself time!)
- For a more casual look, keep accessories minimal (if you want dressier, add bigger/more attention grabbing accessories)
- Navy clothing can be hard find the right color shoes to go with, even now that navy and black are fine to wear together; if this is an issue for you, look for neutral shoes in beige, gray, or navy
- When wearing a lot of navy in a more casual setting, make sure one main garment is a lighter color to tone down the seriousness of the navy
- Cardigan: Michelle Cardigan from cabi Spring 2016
- Pants: Capote Trouser from cabi Spring 2016
- Blouse: Siena Blouse from cabi Spring 2016—this is the “Heart of cabi” piece and “will fund The Heart of cabi Foundation's efforts around the world.”
- Earrings: Dolce Charm Earrings from cabi Spring 2016
- Bracelet: part of the versatile (and transformable) Villa Necklace from cabi Spring 2016
- Shoes: These are beige suede pumps from Target last year. Here are some available options:
Interested in purchasing any of these cabi Spring 2016 pieces? Consider ordering through my current show. We should be placing the order soon. Please contact me in the comments or via email or my stylist (Joni Allen via email or phone: 770 502-5243 [call or text]) and we can get you set up. Any order you make will count toward my show total. For each $250 spent in my show, I get one half priced item. So, I’m be quite grateful of any orders! I promise to blog about what I buy!