Outfit Mission Statement: Bring some Grecian Goddess-inspired style to your office with draping in all the right places
Working it Wednesday outfits are professional career clothes, often a step or two above Manic Monday outfits. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 Run Around Skirt. There are a lot ways you can dress this elegant, comfortable, and easy skirt to make it work for a more formal work office. Wearing it with a black jacket will create a formal suit look with the added elegance of the skirt. I decided to mix it up some with bright colors and a fun jacket, while maintaining a professional look. The same discussion I had for Manic Monday’s outfit on wearing this skirt for work still applies—wear this in place of a more typical A-line or pencil skirt. The drape gives it a Grecian Goddess feel—a power piece in any office, right? For the added professionalism of a Wednesday outfit, make sure you added more professional pieces. Instead of a cardigan, wear a jacket. Instead of a tank, wear a blouse. Instead of strappy sandals, wear peep-toe heels. Add some professional jewelry, and you are ready to rock (or rule over from Mount Olympus) that boardroom presentation!
- Check out the tips for Manic Monday, as many fit here too
- Mix classic work pieces, like a blouse and jacket, with a unique skirt for new take on boardroom goddess chic
- When wearing neutral and smaller prints, consider popping a bright color in your blouse or accessories to add interest (and fun!)
- As mentioned in the Plume Manic Monday, roll the jacket cuffs for a more modern take on the classic (and keep cooler during the summer heat or a hot flash)
- When wearing a distinctive skirt and bright shirt, consider keeping your accessories and jewelry more neutral and basic, especially in more professional settings—but you do not need to be boring
- Remember you can change the formality of the outfit by zipping up (or otherwise closing) the jacket some or all the way—the more closed the more formal
- Power pieces for work can be ones that bring out the inner goddess in you, such as the draping on this skirt!
- Skirt: Run Around Skirt from cabi Spring 2106
- Blouse: Campo Top from cabi Spring 2106
- Jacket: Cliffside Jacket from cabi Spring 2106
- Earrings: These are older cabi earring, and not available—let me suggest the Vintage Crystal Studs by Stella & Dot, which I wear fairly interchangeably
- Necklace: I’m not actually sure where I got this. It is a few years old. The Villa Necklace from cabi Spring 2106 could work similarly. Or consider these Silpada necklaces: City Girl Necklace, Chain Reaction Necklace, Neon Layers Necklace, Convertible Tier Necklace, and the Double Y-Necklace.
- Shoes: I am not sure of the brand, as I have had these for years—a classic peep-toe with a bow is a long time keeper! Consider these Aerosoles: Good Lux, Workbench, Halifax, and Escapade.