Outfit Mission Statement: For an elegant, sophisticated outfit that is easy and comfortable, pair your black skirt with a neutral silk and similar accessories
Sunday Best POW outfits are special occasion clothes for dinning, theater, opera, holiday parties, church, and other such occasions that need something special. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 Run Around Skirt. Sometimes simple is best. Take a black skirt add a silk blouse and there you go. The ease and comfort of the Run Around Skirt suggests an easy comfortable dressy look, something of simple elegance. Don’t get me wrong. This skirt can be dressed up all sorts of ways—lace, sequins, chiffon, more drapes... the list goes on. For instance, this skirt is a knockout with Tivoli Top and the Vita Blouse (see Simple Affairs Date Night for the Vita with black pants for an example outfit with the blouse and black on bottom). Or you can go for power and elegance of all black with a black top. Consider either the white or black Sophia Sweater (with sheer lace backs) for another dressy look. This skirt is versatile and easily dressed up.
But, you can also pair it with a simple silk blouse in a neutral color for a classic, but easy, look. This gives you a fun base to accessorize. You could go for bright colors to really pop them. Or go for a more sophisticated look by playing off the color of the blouse, such as I did here—gray blouse and silver accessories and shoes. With the draping and layered skirt, gray silk, and silver accessories you have a sophisticated, elegant look that is easy and comfortable.
- For a simply elegant look, pair the draped black skirt with a simple neutral silk blouse
- With a gray silk blouse, you can play up the color with silver accessories (if going with a cream or brown, consider gold)
- Keep things simple by keeping your hair down
- With neutral garments, you can show off a statement necklace as the highlight of your outfit
- For a layered, wrap skirt, consider D’Orsay heels to compliment the lines
- Choose a neutral silk blouse with minor embellishments, which as the slightly draped neckline, to keep with the simple elegance of the outfit
- Skirt: Run Around Skirt from cabi Spring 2106
- Blouse: Spirt Tunic from cabi Fall 2102, which is no longer available. Consider the Nine West Charmeuse Tie Neck Blouse from Belk, the Lafayette 148 New York Gray Silk Charmeuse Bias Cut Tank from Saks Fifth Avenue and on lyst, or the 3.1 Phillip Lim Gray Classic Silk Tank Top from FarFetch also on lyst. Or go for a stunning navy on black French look with the Sleeveless Double Drape Tee from cabi Spring 2016.
- Shoes: Audrey Brooke Glenda Pump from DSW
- Earrings: Vintage Crystal Studs Earrings from Stella & Dot
- Necklace: Sadly this Casablanca Necklace has sold out at Stella & Dot (they do have earrings and a bracelet if you like the look). If you want a longer statement pieces, consider the Nile Necklace, the Azure Tassel Necklace, or the Alila Lace Necklace.
- Bracelet: This is an old bracelet and I have no idea where I got it. Consider the aforementioned Casablanca Bracelet, the Bardot Spiral Bangle, or the Vintage Crystal Bracelet all from Stella & Dot.
- Clutch: An old clutch from Coldwater Creek; consider their current Shooting Star Evening Bag or Art Deco Beaded Clutch.