This is part two of my Fall into Spring adventure (check out Rocking Your Fall Moto in the Spring, if you missed part one). I’m highlighting six great pieces from the fall collection that you may have in your wardrobe and showing how you can wear them with the spring cabi collection or your own spring pieces. If you don’t have these pieces or if you are not a cabi fan, I’ll discuss how you can take similar pieces and rock the more traditional fall pieces this spring and summer!
Our second fall piece is the Media Jacket! Mixed media was a popular fall & winter trend. In fact, I featured this very same Media Jacket as my first POW! But the media trend is not one you need to throw away come spring. Pull out that jacket of different mediums and rock it with a flowing spring blouse and white jeans! If you did not purchase the, no longer available, Media Jacket from cabi Fall 2105, look in your own closet for a cropped jacket with mixed materials. If you don’t have anything that works, consider:
- STATE Black Blocked Mixed Media Blazer from Saks Off Fifth on lyst (black)
- Tahari ASL Zipper-Pocket Jacket at Macy’s (black)
- Cropped Mix Media Jacket from Michael Kors (black)
- Cropped Jacket from White House Black Market (beige)
- Piazza Jacket from cabi Spring 2016 (white)
This cropped Media Jacket has a few cool features that let it slide right into your frequently worn spring list! The cropped style allows those print spring blouses to flow right down under it, creating a pretty layered look. The cropped length also cuts at a problem spot for many, masking any issues. Plus the metallic green plays nicely with popular spring colors. I love it as shown here with the Gelato Top—the greens are perfect together! This Media Jacket could work with several other cabi spring collection blouses such as the Bella Top, Linea Cami, Luisa Tank, Plume Top, Positano Top, and the Tivoli Top. Or, those pretty blouses in your spring wardrobe!
- Pair your media jacket with flowing longer blouses for a pretty, fluttery outfit
- Mix your media jacket with white jeans for a trendy jolt of spring
- Pull out soft colors in the jacket by matching them to colors in the rest of your outfit
- Lighten your dark fall media jacket with a light blouse and white or light jeans
- Create a long lean line by choosing one light color as the main color in your blouse, pants, and shoes
- Brighten the fall jacket further by adding light flowy jewelry
- Dress the jacket down with some destructed jeans
- Media Jacket: Media Jacket from cabi Fall 2015. See above for alternatives that are available.
- Blouse: Gelato Top from cabi Spring 2016
- Jeans: Destructed Slim Boyfriend from cabi Spring 2016
- Necklace: Villa Necklace from cabi Spring 2016
- Earrings: Dolce Charm Earrings from cabi Spring 2016
- Shoes: Unisa Eavvi Sandal sold at DSW