Outfit Mission Statement: Defeat boring outfits by mixing the chic with subtle geek and save the day!
TTT Thursday outfits are Trendy, Transitional, and/or Terrific—in other words my choice. It can be whatever other outfit ideas the garment gave me. It may be something very trendy, transitional, terrific, or something else. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 Run Around Skirt. I'm going for Trendy & Terrific today! With this I bring you our second installment of the Geek Chic series. This is such a fun outfit! Not only is it light-hearted and geeky, but it is on-trend and flattering. And, don’t forget comfortable! Plus, what is this skirt if not a skirt with a cape?!
The geek in this is subtle. You may not realize at first that the scarf is a Marvel comics Avengers scarf or that the earrings are bows & arrows. You may just see a cute outfit. In some ways, I think this makes the geek more fun. Not everyone will get it.
The chic part is easy to see and easy to put together. Take this trendy black skirt and mix it with a double trend top—cropped and stripes! Plus, some very fashionable strappy shoes and **POW**—a simple, chic, flattering look. You can just wear the skirt and top if you want. Or you can add the geek and have an adventure. This is the perfect look to go see one of those many upcoming Marvel movies and be able to go out for drinks later and look chic!
- Start with a simple chic outfit and add the geek through accessories
- Don’t be afraid to mix prints—this is very in right now, so the scarf with stripes is both fun and in!
- Wearing a striped shirt? See if you can repeat the pattern with shoes or accessories to look more together
- Going to go save the day? In a skirt? Look for an action-friendly skirt that keeps you covered, like this multi layered one
- A geeky scarf is a perfect way to add some geek in a more subtle way (Think Geek has plenty)
- If you are a geek, don’t be afraid of trendy figure flattering (and hugging) mundane clothes—wave your style flag
- If you are stylish, don’t be afraid of adding subtle geek elements—wave your geek flag (or wear it around your neck)
- Skirt: Run Around Skirt from cabi Spring 2106
- Shirt: Crop Top from cabi Spring 2106
- Scarf: Marvel Comics Lightweight Infinity Scarf from ThinkGeek (they have lots of options—consider the Game of Thrones House Sigils Infinity Scarf as you watch this season!)
- Shoes: Acme Bootie by Crown Vintage sold at DSW
- Earrings: I have no idea where I got these. Consider Sterling Silver Bow & Arrow Archer Earrings (handmade), Brass Crossbow Earrings, Bow and Arrow Earrings (has a sparrow on it, but it looks like a mockingjay to me), or any of the other pages of Etsy options
- Feather Ring: Feather Ring by Solid Treasures
- Stone Ring & Cuff: These are custom made sandstone pieces by Solid Treasures and gorgeous—the stones have these amazing sparkles, looking a bit like stars