Outfit Mission Statement: For an effortless, preppy, horse-race-ready outfit choose modern takes on classic pieces, some mixing of prints, and the sophisticated combination of black and navy—plus a hat!
Play Day Saturday are clothes for taking your kids to the park, running errands, talking your dog for a walk, shopping, picnicking, travel, going to a museum or a zoo—out and about or home having fun clothes. These are the clothes you often live the best parts of your life in! The POW (Piece of the Week) the cabi Spring 2016 Run Around Skirt. This play day is more race day—at the horse races that is! Think preppy, classic, effortless style with a hat, of course (or not). The Run Around skirt is effortless and elegant. Add a nice blouse, in a classic navy; a hat; a nautically inspired clutch; and a black hat and you are ready to cheer on your favorite thoroughbred!
- As discussed many times before, black and navy is a classic (and French) sophisticated color combination (see here, here, and here)—do not be afraid to try it!
- For effortless style, pull out the main colors in your outfit in your accessories—such as the navy from the blouse in the bracelet and clutch, but don’t be afraid to include other colors such as burgundy in the bracelet, as this can increase the effort and not look too matchy matchy
- Yes, mix prints! The small (martini olive inspired) dot shapes go perfectly well with the broad nautical stripes
- A big black hat with a floppy rim adds a bit of elegance (and fun) to anything
- Tuck and blouse your top out for an easy flow and a bit of tummy masking
- Strappy booties can be a trendy accent in a classic look
- Not sure if an accessory, like a clutch or scarf, goes with an outfit? May sure the outfit and the accessory have something in common, such as a color, a pattern, or a style.
- Skirt: Run Around Skirt from cabi Spring 2106
- Blouse: Martini Top from cabi Spring 2106
- Shoes: Acme Bootie by Crown Vintage sold at DSW
- Clutch: Classic navy stripe tassel clutch by Sloan Ranger
- Bracelet: Burgundy/navy stripe bangle by Sloan Ranger
- Necklace: Studded Collar by Bauble Bar, which is no longer available. Consider instead the Gilly Collar by Bauble Bar or either the Dotted Pearl Necklace or Good as Gold Necklace from Silpada.
- Earrings: Gold dangle earrings from Fab’rik. I don’t see them online. Consider the Convertible Mix Earrings or the Dotted Pearl Earrings (especially with the matching necklace) from Silpada
- Hat: This is a big floppy had I've had for year. There are lots of options out there. I suggest the August Hats Bow Floppy Hat, which has a lovely big bow on it for added elegance. It;s also on sale for $23.99 at Macy's, and right now (until May 2nd) you can save another 25% off of that as part of the Friends and Family sale, making it $17.99!