Outfit Mission Statement: Mix a military-inspired jacket with skinny jeans and a feminine top for a strong, pretty, casual, yet professional work look
Manic Monday outfits are easy career clothes to throw on for manic Mondays. This Monday we focus on creating a chic work outfit. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2106 Plume Top. While styled with the ease of a tee shirt, this blouse can easily be styled up for work. It especially works is a more casual work look with a blazer and jeans. I’m a huge fan of the blazer and jean combination anyway. Add this Plume Top and you have an amazing, casual apropos of work look! Due to all the colors in this top, you can easily pop any of them with your accessories or shoes. I felt the orange made a nice contrast to the green and was less expected than purple or magenta. This top is great for the casual office look for many reasons, but one of my favorites is layering! If you get hot, you can take the jacket off, and not worry about showing off too much (including a bra strap). Make sure you have some blouses like this in your work (and rest of life) wardrobe!
- For a casual work look, combine a pretty top, nice fitting blazer, and skinny jeans
- Pop a less expected color in the blouse with your accessories or shoes for added interest and sophisticate styling
- Roll those jeans to show off your shoes and look more put together
- Roll the jacket cuffs for a more modern take on the classic (and keep cooler during the summer heat or a hot flash)
- Consider playing off the safari feel of the jacket with some fun shoes
- Contrast the femininity of the blouse with a safari- or military-styled jacket for a strong, yet pretty look that is ready for anything
- When doing business casual, lean towards darker washed jeans, as they look more professional
- Look for blouses that layer well and can work without layer on top for when you get hot
- With a neutral jacket and dark wash jeans (also a neutral), you can grab any blouse for a quick, professional work outfit
- Blouse: Plume Top from cabi Spring 2016
- Jeans: Knight Skinny Jean from cabi Fall 2015—no longer available. Look for a dark skinny that works for you.
- Blazer: Olive Jacket from cabi Spring 2015—no longer available. Look for a military/safari styled jacket for the same look or just a natural jacket for a similarly easy look. A few options include the Verde Jacket and Piazza Jacket from cabi Spring 2016. Or, for a simsialr look, try the Vintage Women Long Sleeve Lapel Button Pocket Slim Suit Blazer on Newchic, Tonello Blazer on YooX.com, or the Smythe Classic One-Button Blazer at Neiman Marcus.
- Necklace: Metal Statement Necklace with Cabs from Target
- Orange Bracelet: Orange Quartz Bracelet by Solid Treasures
- Gold Bracelet: Graham Hammered Wire Wrapped Cuff from Cents of Style
- Shoes: Bought a few years ago, I think from Target. Consider these available Aerosoles shoes: Layette, Yet Another, Cyberspace, and Yet Plane