Outfit Mission Statement: Be put together and carefree in your sundress by adding layers and accessories in a variety of whites
Play Day Saturday are clothes for taking your kids to the park, running errands, talking your dog for a walk, shopping, picnicking, traveling, going to a museum or a zoo—out and about or home having fun clothes. These are the clothes you often live the best parts of your life in! The POW (Piece of the Week) the cabi Spring 2016 Margherita Dress. This look says outdoor craft fair, festival, farmer’s market, antiquing, or going to a museum to me. It’s cool, comfortable, and versatile. It’s something you can easily dress up or down, and the addition of the cardigan makes it good for changing temperatures.
This outfit also has a put-together look, but one that is really easy to put together! The mixed whites cardigan, cream purse, taupe shoes, and white belt, give it a more polished and complete look because of all the white pieces. It creates a good consistency. The easy part is these various whites items do not need to be the same white. In fact, it is trendier right now to mix whites (check out Plume POW: Whites Out Saturday for more on this trend). By mixing multiple whites, it gives outfits a more carefree feel, which is a nice mixed with the polish and put togetherness it also creates. Why not be polished, put together, trendy, and carefree? Then just add a subtle touch of a contrasting color to the sundress, and you have a fun yet polished play day outfit!
- For a trendy styling of your sundress, add layers and accessories in line with either the summer black out or white out trends
- When adding white to an outfit, remember they do not have to all be the same type of white, you can mix together a bunch of various whites for a more carefree and trendy approach
- When your outfit is two main colors, consider adding a subtle contrasting color in your jewelry for a bit of sophisticated fun
- To create a more hourglass figure (especially with a boxy cardigan or jacket), belt your sundress—this works especially well with a white belt on a darker dress (as here) or black on a lighter dress
- Add some funny strappy gladiator style flat sandals for a casual, comfortable, and trendy touch
- Feel free to mix a print dress with a print handbag, especially when either is a neutral print (and yes, the leather cutout pattern on the handbag counts as a print)
- Sundress: Margherita Dress from cabi Spring 2016
- Cardigan: Blanca Cardigan from cabi Spring 2016
- Belt: I’ve had this for a while and am not sure of brand. I think it could be older Coldwater Creek? Consider the currently available SONOMA Goods for Life™ Leather Braided Women's Skinny Belt at Kohl’s, Wide Woven Leather Belt from Ann Tayler, or the Signature Women's Linen Braided Belt by L.L. Bean.
- Handbag: BMC Womens PU Faux Leather Perforated Cutout Pattern Boston Top Handle Handbag at Amazon
- Shoes: Yet Plane by Aerosoles
- Necklace: Citrine Chunk Bar Pendant by Shine Chaser Jewelry
- Earrings: Yellow Bead Earrings from Fab’rik. I don’t see them online. Consider instead Citrine Earrings in Gold by Blissaria, Wire Wrapped Citrine Earrings by WedunitJewels, or Light yellow bead earrings by studio1227—all on Etsy
- Multi-Color Bracelet: Love Bracelet by Shine Chaser Jewelry which is no longer available, because I own it, but Dana currently has Festive Multi-Colored Faceted Agate Stretch Bracelet or you could likely commission something similar to mine.
- White Bracelet: Samantha Jewel & Bead Stretch Bracelet Set (Taupe/Ivory), wearing one of the ivory bands
- Margherita POW: Trendy Terrific Print Play Thursday on May 12, 2016. Outfit Mission Statement: Mix prints in the same color family with a pop of a contrasting color/print for a lighthearted trendy outfit
Plume POW: Whites Out Saturday on April 16, 2016. Outfit Mission Statement: Try out the whites trend by mixing various whites in one or more garments, your, shoes, and your accessories
Run Around POW: Off to the Races Saturday on April 30, 2016. Outfit Mission Statement: For an effortless, preppy, horse-race-ready outfit choose modern takes on classic pieces, some mixing of prints, and the sophisticated combination of black and navy—plus a hat!