Outfit Mission Statement: For an easy-to-throw on Monday outfit, grab your favorite sundress and then add a jacket, simple matching jewelry, and comfy shoes
Manic Monday outfits are easy career clothes to throw on for manic Mondays. This Monday we focus on creating an easy, flowy work outfit. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 of Margherita Dress. Sundresses are so easy to dress up or down. To make it work for a casual day at the office, simply throw a light cardigan or blazer on and you are good to go—perfect for a manic Monday. For these manic Monday outfits I try to go really simple and easy—things that require little thought for the hazy Monday morning mind and are things you can pretty much throw on and run out the door and be comfortable throughout the day. This outfit is a great example of that, while maintaining a professional feel. Dresses are about as easy as it gets. Blazers are a quick and easy way to make an outfit look more professional. Put them together—easy professionalism! If you work in a more casual setting, you can go with a cardigan instead, perhaps modifying the White Out Over Navy Saturday outfit!
Shortly after I took the photos for this post, I was reading one of my favorite style blogs, Fashion Fairy Dust, and read her own post about styling a sundress for work by adding layers on top or below. Debbie even mentions a cardigan or blazer. Smart minds, right?
- Keep it simple with basic, non-fussy accessories
- For easy Monday morning (or any morning) career dressing, choose a sundress with two main colors—match your jacket or cardigan, accessories and shoes to either of those, and feel free to add a metallic, like gold, in for some jewelry
- Go for comfortable shoes, especially on Monday
- For the easiest of sundress-to-work dressing, choose a sundress in neutrals, like white and navy; this makes is easier to match your jacket and accessories
- Save mixing prints or more complicated matching for days when you have the time and energy, make sure you have some simple, easy matching outfits for days you need to run out the door
- Simplify the beauty regime with a single long lasting cream shadow
- Sundress: Margherita Dress from cabi Spring 2016
- Blazer: Club Blazer from cabi Spring 2015, which is no longer available; consider instead the Drape Lapel Jacket from White House Black Market, the Textured Single Button Blazer from Ann Taylor, or the Piazza Jacket from cabi Spring 2016
- Shoes: Bandolino Galatee Slingback Wedge Mules from Macy’s
- Necklace: Studded Collar by Bauble Bar, which is no longer available. Consider instead the Gilly Collar by Bauble Bar or either the Dotted Pearl Necklace or Good as Gold Necklace from Silpada.
- Earrings: Navy Enamel Knot Studs by Sloan Ranger (currently only available wholesale)
- Bracelet: White Filigree Stretch Bracelet by M. Haskell for INC at Macy’s—I could not find this, consider instead the M. Haskell for INC Gold-Tone Beaded Stretch Bangle Bracelet or the M. Haskell for INC Gold-Tone White Beaded and Crystal Fireball Stretch Bracelet, both at Macy's
- Eye Shadow: Lid Smoothie™ Antioxidant 8-Hour Eye Colour in Pink Biloba by Clinique
- Run Around POW: White Out Over Navy Saturday posted May 14, 2016. Be put together and carefree in your sundress by adding layers and accessories in a variety of whites.
- Go-To POW: Manic Black & White Monday posted March 21, 2016. Rock your black pants in a long, lean, chic, and cropped black & white outfit.
- Michelle POW: Working It Navy Power Wednesday posted March 9, 2016. Outfit Mission Statement: For an easy, chic, classic, and powerful formal office look, dress in all navy