Outfit Mission Statement: Mix up the jean, tee, and shirt look by wearing bright colored jeans and a denim shirt for a fun, casual, vibrant look
No place like Tuesday outfits are casual, comfy clothes for working from home, working at home, parenting (at home), and anything else where comfort is key and you are home. Although they will work for errands and anything else casual. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 Bardot Shirt. What is more casual and comfortable than jeans, a tee, and a shirt thrown over? Not much. But, why be plain and boring and wear your blue denim on bottom? Why not wear it on top? And why make those jeans blue all the time? Change it up with some on-trend color. With a few simple touches you can take a super casual, go-to look and make it interesting and trendy. Mom bun is optional!
A denim shirt is inherently casual. As such, it is the perfect layer to a casual outfit. It is easy to throw on over almost any casual outfit. It is the perfect match for this bright, fun, and casual outfit.
- To change up your jeans and a tee look, go for some of the on-trend colored jeans, such as these bright citron ones
- Play off the expected blue denim on bottom by wearing your blue denim on top, through a denim shirt
- Wear contrasting colors to create a more vibrant and dynamic look that will stand out—this may cheer you up and put some vigor in your step
- Up the playfulness of your look with fun jewelry, such as this gold measuring tape necklace and moon earrings
- Pull out one of the secondary colors in your outfit with your shoes (ballet flats are great for casual days!)
- For an added casual air, roll those jeans up, but don’t worry if it is a messier roll
- Shirt: Bardot Shirt from cabi Spring 2016
- Jeans: Citron Curvy Skinny jean (also available in regular) from cabi Spring 2016
- Tee Shirt: Double-V Tee from cabi Spring 2016
- Measuring Tape Necklace: Goldtone Measuring Tape Necklace by Zad—I originally bought this on Zulily, but it is no longer available. However, Amazon has a very similar one.
- Long Blue Necklace: Druzy Ball Chain Pendant from Bauble Bar
- Earrings: These are very old—no idea of brand. For some moon earrings with blue, consider Silver Moon Kyanite Earrings by Bo and Ho, Moon Earrings (with photos—very fun) by Jewellery Chain, or the Gold tone sun and moon stud earrings by Matono Design—all on Etsy.
- Flats: These are blue velvet flats I purchased a few years ago from L.L. Bean and they are not available. Consider instead L.L. Bean’s Embossed Indispensable Skimmers or Bow Ballet Flats from Canvas by Lands’ End, or Caroline String Tie Flat by dexflex on Amazon.
- Go-To POW: Denim on Top Saturday posted April 02, 2016. Wear your denim on top with classic black pants for a casual, fun, and modern outfit with a touch of class.
- Plume POW: Staying or Leaving Home Tuesday posted April 12, 2016. Travel in versatile, comfortable neutrals and add pops of color for fun and adventure.
- Run Around POW: Muted, Playful Contrasts at Home Tuesday posted April 26, 2016. Dress down your black skirt in muted tones, with pops of fun and sunshine.