Outfit Mission Statement: Dress your destructed denim up for a special occasion look with fancy, feminine pieces for a pretty, edgy, feminine, and comfortable outfit!
Sunday Best POW outfits are special occasion clothes for dinning, theater, opera, holiday parties, church, and other such occasions that need something special. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 Destructed Slim Boyfriend jeans. Ripped jeans are not what some of us would think of as an appropriate special occasion look. But, you can dress them up to make them work for at least some special occasions. The trick, as with any casual piece, is to combine it with dressier pieces, even over-the-top dressy pieces. Together the outfit averages dressier. Plus, it can be fun to mix pretty with edgy and dressy with casual! Still, these jeans may now work in some special occasion situations. If you cannot do destructed, consider replacing these with white jeans. If you cannot do jean, consider replacing these with white linen pants, such as the Piazza Pant.
But, if you can do destructed white jeans for your special occasion, this outfit can be a lot of fun to rock! You can be pretty, edgy, feminine, and comfortable all at the same time! This may be one of my favorite outfits I’ve done here (and it is one of my favorite sets of photos!).
- Dress up your destructed jeans with fancy, dressy pieces; you can even go over the top if you want!
- Play off the edgy destructed look with feminine, pretty pieces—think pinks, pearls, and sparkles
- Grab a pretty shawl to keep you warm in places with two much AC or cooler nights (plus it adds to the dressiness)
- Add a designer clutch or wristlet in a pretty matching color to add style (and convenience)
- Dress your feet up in those sparkly, special occasion shoes and roll up your jeans to show them off
- Put your hair up in a pretty hair accessory for an added touch of class & sophistication (plus you can show off your shoulders)
- Look for dressy accessories with special touches, like ribbon bows in the back, for added touches of fancy
- Choose a peplum top with a gentle ruffle bottom to hide any tummy issues and add more femininity
- Jeans: Destructed Slim Boyfriend jeans from cabi Spring 2016
- Top: Sophia Cami from cabi Spring 2015—not currently available from normal cabi means, but check with the cabi outlet stores (or as your stylist if she can find it), or consider the Vita Blouse or Bella Top, two feminine tops from cabi Spring 2016 (and currently available). For a peplum choices, check out the City Chic Wrap Peplum Top at Bloomingdale’s or the Crepe Peplum Top from Ann Taylor.
- Thicker Silver Bracelet: Part of the Villa Necklace from cabi Spring 2016
- Sparkly Bead Bracelet: Cubist Bracelet by Bauble Bar
- Earrings: Rose Quartz Dangle Earrings by Shine Chaser Jewelry
- Wristlet: Jet Set Travel Large Smartphone Wristlet by Michael Kors
- Wrap: Gigi Cape from cabi Fall 2015—this is not available, but consider the Animal print Poncho from Designed by Brenda H, Beaded Cape by Trendy Vintage, or the handmade knit mohair Orenburg shawl by Vital Lights—all on Etsy.
- Hair Pin: Celtic Infinity Loops by Nicholas and Felice on Etsy
- Necklace: Older covered pearl and ribbon necklace. I have no idea where I got this! Consider instead the Lanvin style Large Pearl Necklace by Annie B Signature (or the black one), the Soft Pink Tulle Necklace with Mother of Pearls and Rhinestones by Lemka, or the Isabelle Double Strand of 12mm Baby Pink Pearl Necklace with Blush / Nude Ribbon Tie and Ivory Tulle Rhinestone Flower by Harley Mae Designs all on Etsy
- Shoes: These are from Target several years ago. Consider instead the Imagine Vince Camuto Gem, Chole from Blue by Betsey Johnson, or the Cascade II by Badgley Mischka.
- Bardot POW: Boho Southwestern Sparkly Princess Sunday Best posted May 29, 2016. To dress denim up for a special occasion look, throw on the fancy—think tulle, sparkly gems, embroidered velvet, statement pieces, and amazing shoes.
- Plaid POW: Sparkling & Flannel Sunday Best posted February 28, 2016. Turn flannel elegant by adding a dressy skirt and accessories.
- Margherita POW: Lace & Lockets Sunday Best posted on May 22, 2016. To dress your sundress up for a special occasion look, add pretty lace, a classy mixed media jacket, and vintage accessories.