Outfit Mission Statement: For a cool, casual, and stylish outfit for a ballgame (or any occasion where cool and comfortable is key), wear layers in the colors of your favorite team
No place like Tuesday outfits are casual, comfy clothes for working from home, working at home, parenting (at home), and anything else where comfort is key and you are home. Although they will work for errands and anything else casual. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 Destructed Slim Boyfriend jeans. While Tuesday are my comfortable, casual “outfits for home” outfits, this one is more of a comfortable, casual outfit for going out to the ballgame—whether it be pro or your daughter’s softball league. But, never fear, this outfit also works for home too! Just remember, you can be stylish and comfortable at home or the ballgame! And, of course, nothing says casual and comfortable like these jeans!
- When you will be outside for several hours and may face greatly changing temperatures, chose layers that look great together and on their own
- Consider a slouchy short-sleeve or half-sleeve sweater for a comfortable top layer (this one has a touch of silk, for the home run of can be comfortable and luxurious at the same time)
- Add a tank top that covers your bra strap for a cool bottom layer that you can wear alone when it is hot
- For ballgame dressing, show your team spirit by rocking your team’s colors
- If you are going to be doing a lot of sitting, feel free to wear some fun heeled sandals, like these platform wedges
- To add visual interest, make one of your layers a pattern—this works especially well for the bottom layer that can peek below or under the top layer(s)
- When wearing a mix of the same colors (beyond black or white), go for contrasts, such as a lighter shade and a darker one
- To keep a casual air (and support small businesses if you buy it), wear handmade jewelry
- For sun protection and team spirit, top the look off with a baseball hat (Yes, this is a Red Sox hat. I’m from New England and they are still my home team, even after more than ten years in Atlanta)
- This also is a great way to hide hair that should have been washed
- It’s also a fun way to wear a pony tail—through the hole in the back
- Jeans: Destructed Slim Boyfriend jeans from cabi Spring 2016
- Sweater: Lounge Sweater from cabi Spring 2016
- Tank: Striped Favorite Tank by Merona at Target
- Shoes: Meredith Espadrille Sandals by Merona at Target
- Bracelet: Customer ordered Sandstone cuff by Solid Treasures
- Necklace: Athena Necklace by Kelly Annie
- Earrings: Shimmer Hoop Earrings from Vera Bradly—which seem to be unavailable. Consider instead Silvertone Hoop Earrings with Pave Crystal Accents by Kenneth Cole New York at Lord & Taylor, Giani Bernini Thin Textured Hoop Earrings in Sterling Silver at Macy’s, and Textured U-Hoop Earrings in 10k White Gold at Macy’s.
- Ball cap: A Boston Red Sox cap—check them out on the MLB site
- Plume POW: Staying or Leaving Home Tuesday posted April 12, 2016. Travel in versatile, comfortable neutrals and add pops of color for fun and adventure.
- Go-To POW: No Place Like Tuesday for Sky & Earth Explorers posted March 29, 2016. Dress down those work-appropriate black pants with a boxy tee, explore vest, and handmade jewelry
- Michelle POW: Flutter & Sea No Place Like Tuesday March 15, 2016. For a casual nautical look, limit the nautical, but add a flattering cardigan and white jeans for a comfortably on-trend and classic look.
And checkout the other No Place like Home Tuesday POW posts!