This is part five and six of my Fall into Spring adventure (see below for a list of the previous four). I’m highlighting six great pieces from the cabi Fall collection that you may have in your wardrobe and showing how you can wear them with the spring cabi collection or your own spring pieces. If you don’t have these pieces or if you are not a cabi fan, I’ll discuss how you can take similar pieces and rock the more traditional fall pieces this spring and summer!
Since the fifth and sixth pieces have much and common, and because it is now summer, I am combining them into a single post. Most of the tips can be applied to either. The fifth piece may look familiar, as this lovely pieces was our second POW, the Love Blouse! This is a pretty, longer-length sleeveless blouse with a gathered collar. It’s a great year-round piece, as I will show. Another great year-round piece, is another sleeveless fall blouse—the Stained Glass Blouse. This blouse has over twenty different colors in it, and is a striking, artistic blouse that goes with anything. The bolder, darker colors may see more fall-like, but they can work perfectly for the spring and summer. If you do not own either of these cabi blouses from Fall 2015, look in your closet for other colorful, sleeveless fall blouses (or really any colorful sleeveless blouses). Or, you can consider spring blouses instead, such as the Bella Top, the Blossom Top (which will work well in the fall too—another year-round option!), the Gelato Top, or the Vita Blouse.
- Make your fall blouses more spring or summery by mixing them with bright warm weather colors like citron and bougainvillea
- Add spring layers, such as shrugs and cardigans, over the fall blouse to help bring them forward
- Since they are sleeveless, consider wearing the blouses without layers and with shorts or skirts for a quick warm-weather look
- Wear the blouses with the classic summer neutral, navy, for instance summer appeal (consider the Mariner Trouser, Capote Trouser, Michelle Cardigan, Lido Jacket, and Lido Skirt)
- Add summer accessories and shoes, like off-white sandals, for a summer feel
- Combine the fall blouses with spring fabrics, like chiffon and linen, to aid a spring air
- Wear the blouses more casually, as summer and spring have a more casual feel
- Consider lighter layers, such as ones with three-quarter sleeves (or rolled up) or thinner fabrics to enhance the summer vibe
- Wear button-up fall blouses, such as the Love Blouse, unbuttoned over tanks, camis, sundresses, and even swimsuits for a fall twist on a summer layer
- Rock the blouses with some of the spring trends to give it a fresh feel—such as the Traveler Pant
There are many other ways to spring that fall blouse forward—mix with summer colors, styles, and weights and wear it in ways you wear your normal spring and summer sleeveless blouses. Let me know how you are rocking them!
Check out the other Fall into Spring Posts: