The Fourth of July is quickly approaching and many of us may be thinking about what we are going to wear. Here are nine pieces you can buy now for a great Fourth of July look that will also work in your general wardrobe. A few of these I regularly wear to work!
1. Kris Top: This cabi spring 2016 on-trend cropped (but not too short) top, has a crossover asymmetrical hem. It is a light navy knit—perfect for hot summer celebrations. Consider rocking it with some red shorts (such as the Picnic Short) and patriotic accessories (such as this Star Print Scarf!). Or pair it with a pretty skirt!
2. Star Print Scarf: This festive and fun scarf has blue stars with pops of red ones. It works wonderfully for the Fourth, but can add a fun touch to any outfit year round. It pairs wonderfully with the picnic shorts and either the Kris Top or Striped Favorite Tank. It would also be fabulous over a red dress, blue dress, or white dress for a pop of patriotic.
3. Picnic Short: These cute cabi spring 2016 shorts have red, purple, and pink in them. With some blue or white they are perfect for the Fourth or other patriotic holidays, but always work perfectly with summer tops and tees. The subtle print mixes easily with stripes and other patterns.
4. Striped Favorite Tank: This easy, casual tank by Merona at Target, is a great piece for a casual Fourth of July look. I love it with the patterns for the Picnic Short and Star Print Scarf for fun, patriotic pattern play. You could also wear with white, denim blue, or red shorts. Or dress it ups with a fun skirt for the Fourth.
5. Pleated Star Skirt: I love this skirt from Canvas by Lands’ End! It is so pretty, fun, and feminine. I also love stars and am delighted to find them on a work-friendly skirt! This skirt is perfect for a dressier Fourth of July celebration. It works well with the Sleeveless Double Drape Tee for this. Or dress it down with a tee and some causal shoes. This is even on sale right now. Stay tuned for more on this skirt.
6. Sleeveless Double Drape Tee: This is another cabi spring 2016 garment. It is an incredibly flattering tee that will add some “va va voom” to your fireworks. It dress up nicely, as shown with the Pleated Star Skirt. But you can rock with jeans, shorts, or whatever. It’s cute with the Picnic Short too!
7. Bow Ballet Flats: These timeless flats can add a pop of red (or blue) to your patriotic outfit, and also work every day. They are cute and comfortable. They work well with shorts, jeans, or a skirt. I love them with a mostly blue and white outfit, for a burst of red. I do suggest sizing up a half a size.
8. Butterfly Print Scarf: This pretty summery scarf by ITB Design can add blue and flow to your Fourth of July outfit. It’s large and works well as a warp when the temperature drop as you wait for fireworks. It can also be worn around the neck during the day, as I have shown with the Star Print Scarf. The butterfly deign works wonderfully for spring and summer. Consider wearing it over a red dress for a fun and unexpected Fourth look.
9. Cruise Jacket: This classic, high-end styled jacket is also one of my favorite cabi pieces of the Spring 2016 season. It easily works for a dressy Fourth of July look, but can also be a fun addition to a casual outfit, as I style it here. Consider rocking it with ripped jeans; linen pants in your favorite patriotic color; a navy pencil skirt; a red dress; or with a casual tee shirt, cut-off shorts, and a ball cap! I love rocking it casually. This nautical piece works wonderfully for the office or special occasion too—not just for fireworks!
If you want of these cabi pieces, contact your cabi stylist ASAP! I believe the season ends June 30th. If you do not have a stylist, please contact me in the comments or via email, reach out to my (Joni Allen via email or phone: 770 502-5243 [call or text]), or find a cabi stylist near you. If you miss out, try contacting your stylist to see if she has samples or access to the retired season pieces.