For a classier, and more subtle take on patriotic style , choose two of the three flag colors, such as blue and white, and base your outfit around them. Then choose one or two key elements (probably accessories) to pop the third color—red (or whatever is left).
Tips for making it work:
- Think scarves, shoes, bags, and statement jewelry to pop your third color or wear a print that has some of that third color in it
- Limit the amount of the pop color to one or two pieces to make it really work
- Consider mixing prints in the two main colors of your outfit for added fun
- Take it even further and wear a dress, jumpsuit, or outfit in one color and then accessories in the other two
- Don’t be afraid of having blue and red as your two main colors—if you can do it more power to you!
- Have fun—it’s the Fourth you can go a bit wild and not be the most crazily dressed person