Outfit Mission Statement: For fun, cool, sophisticated take on the white-out trend, opt for mixing off whites
Play Day Saturday are clothes for taking your kids to the park, running errands, talking your dog for a walk, shopping, picnicking, traveling, going to a museum or a zoo—out and about or home having fun clothes. These are the clothes you often live the best parts of your life in! The POW (Piece of the Week) the cabi Spring 2016 2016 Destructed Slim Boyfriend jeans. This might be a little dressier than an outfit for taking your kid(s) to the park, but it is a fun, casual look complete with sun protection! This outfit could have also worked for Trendy, Transitional, and/or Terrific, because it is both trendy and rather terrific. The outfit is a great example of the “white out” trend of mixing different whites for a cool, put-together look. It is also terrific, if I say so myself. In fact, this outfit convinced me to purchase the Capri Top. In this shoot, I am wearing my stylist’s sample. I loved wearing it for the pictures, and then when I looked at the photos, I knew I had to have it. It is so terrific that I sold it to myself!
This outfit is a lot of fun. I love the mix of crochet lace, destructed white denim, shady hat, open-toed shoes, coin necklace, and woven bag. The mix of whites, mostly in the antique, ivory, and cream directions, looks and feels cool and comfortable. Can you tell it was 95 when I took these pictures? I was so hot, but do not look it! I love this outfit and I hope you do.
- When mixing whites, remember you do not have to include a “true” white, you can mix all off whites for an even more sophisticated take on the trend
- Add a hat sun protection and a carefree, fun accessory
- Oversized tops work best with slim or skinny bottoms, to give you a longer look and to balance out the top (oversized+oversized=oversized you)
- If you like the ease of boyfriend jeans, consider a slim boyfriend for a great mix of ease with a slim bottom
- Add a touch of color under the lace top to better pop the lace—here I went with blush that blends nicely with the off whites, looking like almost a darker white
- Show off the shoes and add more of the casual to the outfit by rolling the jeans (but I don’t need to say this again do I?)
- You can use the white as a platform to pop some bright jewelry or choose pieces that work with the theme, allowing the lace top to catch the eye (I prefer the later for this lovely top)
- Try things on, and better yet, make them into outfits you would wear before deciding if they work for you —as I did this this top. You may be surprised what works and what doesn’t.
- Jeans: Destructed Slim Boyfriend jeans from cabi Spring 2016
- Top: Capri Top from cabi Spring 2016, for somewhat similar consider The Morgan Top from Lila Rose or several options from Anthropologie: Filigree Lace Tank by Akemi + Kin, Trillia Crochet Top by Isy & Ki, Rosewood Lace Blouse by Tiny, or Scalloped Lace Tank by Deletta.
- Cami: Simple Cami in blush from cabi Spring 2016, try it in Nude from Fall 2016
- Shoes: Bird Cage from Aerosoles
- Earrings: Faux gold pearl earrings bough years ago
- Necklace: Tile Coin Necklace from cabi Fall 2014 (available at some cabi outlets—call to see. They ship!)
- Handbag: Diamond Woven Crossbody by Giani Bernini fromMacy's
- Hat: Shady Hat from cabi Spring 2014 (available at some cabi outlets—call to see. They ship!)
If you want of these cabi pieces, contact your cabi stylist ASAP! The season has closed, but she may still be able to help you with samples or access to the retired season pieces. If you do not have a stylist, please contact me in the comments or via email, reach out to my (Joni Allen via email or phone: 770 502-5243 [call or text]), or find a cabi stylist near you.
- Plume POW: Whites Out Saturday posted April 16, 2016: Try out the whites trend by mixing various whites in one or more garments, your, shoes, and your accessories.
- Go-To POW: Denim on Top Saturday posted April 02, 2016: Wear your denim on top with classic black pants for a casual, fun, and modern outfit with a touch of class
- Bardot POW: Casual, Easy Boho Saturday posted June 04, 2016: For a distinctive, comfy, boho chic outfit, think outside the jeans box—wear flowy pull-on pants and a denim shirt instead.
Or, check out my other Play Day Saturday posts!