Outfit Mission Statement: For an ageless, sexy date night look, bare your shoulders (but feel free to keep everything else covered)
Friday Night Drinks POW outfits are for going out on a date, getting drinks, seeing a band play, going to dinner and a movie—something where you want to look good and may wear some sexier clothes and statement pieces. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 Destructed Slim Boyfriend jeans. If you have been fallowing this blog, you know I like to mix opposites—pretty with tough, fancy with casual. This is a bit of both of those. We have the casual destructed jean that have the tough edge, with the pretty sleeveless, floaty, and sparkly blouse. This mix is particularly fun for date nights, when you can play with opposites for a sexy, on-trend look.
One nice thing about current trends is the shoulder. The shoulder had been given its time to show off. Halter tops, off-shoulder, cold shoulder, “x-factor,” and more bare the shoulder. Luckily, the shoulder is a body part that tends to look good for a wide range of ages and sizes. We all have sexy shoulders. So, our sexy shoulders are perfect for an on-trend, sexy date night. If you don’t like your upper arms, go with an off-shoulder or cold shoulder top that covers your areas of concern. One nice thing about bare shoulders is you can be otherwise covered up and still be sexy.
- Mix the edgy destructed jeans with a pretty, flowy blouse for a strong & feminine look
- For a sexy, on-trend date night look bare those shoulders
- But if you need some arm coverage, go with an off-shoulder cold shoulder tops that have coverage where you want it
- Add playful touches, like an unexpected higher ponytail
- Dress up your destructed boyfriend jeans with sparkles, beads, and a shiny clutch
- For an easy, put together look, limit your pallet to two neutrals, one metal, and bold color (although feel free to add a red lip for sass)
- Yes, roll those jeans to show off your awesome, sexy, sparkly shoes
- If your shoulders are bare, go for long, dangly earrings to further emphasize those shoulders
- Jeans: Destructed Slim Boyfriend jeans from cabi Spring 2016 (see below)
- Top: I bought this jeweled, banded collar halter top I bought this top this spring from a local Fab’rik. They no longer have it, but consider instead these other Fab’rik option: Riley Ruffle Tank, Lucky High Neck Tank, or the Cleo Cold Shoulder Tank. Or splurge with the DVF Jemmie Lace Halter top.
- Shoes: These are from Target several years ago. Consider instead the Imagine Vince Camuto Gem, Chole from Blue by Betsey Johnson, or the Cascade II by Badgley Mischka.
- Clutch: This is an old clutch and I do not remember where I got it. Consider instead the Ted Baker Neala clutch from Zappos, the Kemme Clutch by INC International Concepts at Macy’s, Rosalie Large Clutch by Michael Kors at Macy’s, or the Shimmer Stone Clutch by Tevolio at Target.
- Earrings: These black gem dangle earrings are older. I think they may be from Charming Charlie. They are very similar to the Adira Drop Wire earrings, except an iridescent gray color.
- Bracelet: This is an old bracelet and I have no idea where I got it. Consider the Casablanca Bracelet, the Bardot Spiral Bangle, or the Vintage Crystal Bracelet all from Stella & Dot.
If you want the jeans, contact your cabi stylist ASAP! The season has closed, but she may still be able to help you with samples or access to the retired season pieces. If you do not have a stylist, please contact me in the comments or via email, reach out to my (Joni Allen via email or phone: 770 502-5243 [call or text]), or find a cabi stylist near you. Or, consider these alternatives:
- Love POW: Spicy Sweet Friday Night Drinks posted February 05, 2016: Outfit Mission Statement: Mix romantic pretty items with ripped denim and black leather for a look that is both sugar and spice and certainly nice.
- Run Around POW: Simple Elegance Sunday Best posted April 24, 2016: For an elegant, sophisticated outfit that is easy and comfortable, pair your black skirt with a neutral silk and similar accessories.
- Go-To POW: Simple Affairs Date Night posted March 25, 2016: For a simple date night look, take your wardrobe essential black pants, add a romantic & sexy blouse along with a few accessories and you are good to go!
Or, check out my other Date Night Friday posts!