Outfit Mission Statement: Dress down your pretty skirt with casual, comfortable layers and a mom bun
No place like Tuesday outfits are casual, comfy clothes for working from home, working at home, parenting (at home), and anything else where comfort is key and you are home. Although they will work for errands and anything else casual. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the Pleated Star Skirt from Canvas by Lands’ End. Yes, even a pretty pleated skirt can work for a casual, easy outfit! Just add easy pieces in comfortable knits, practical shoes, and a mom bun and you have a twist on the jeans and tee you may often wear at home or running errands.
As the seasons change, it is especially important to think of layers and versatility in any of our outfits, but especially those for busy days. I love the Recess Tank and Recess Topper as an easy way to layer with style and flair. Both pieces are soft French Terry, making them perfect for casual wear. The Recess Tank is a longer, tunic-length, providing even more versatility (and you can wear it with leggings). You can easily wear them as a set—a modern take on the cami and cardigan combo—or separately. Here I illustrate several ways you can wear the two pieces with this skirt:
You can also play even more with the two together or separately, such as pairing the Recess Topper with another tank, tunic, or top under it. I adore the thumb holes, but you do not have to wear them; you can just push the sleeves back a bit for a more traditional sleeve look.
- Transform your pretty pleated skirt into a perfect casual outfit by mixing it with casual tops and accessories
- Look for versatile tops combinations, such as the Recess Topper and Recess Tank, for an easy way to layer and be ready for changes temperatures
- Rethink the classic cardigan and cami with a cropped pullover and a tunic-length top for a casual, cozy take on traditional layers
- A heather gray knit adds a casual feel to any outfit
- With a pretty skirt and fun topper(s), no one will notice the messy mom bun
- A bra-friendly tunic length tank, give you extra ease and versatility—allowing you to wear your favorite comfy bra and decide if you want the tunic down or tied at your waist
- Skirt: Pleated Star Skirt from Canvas by Lands’ End
- Tank: Recess Tank from cabi Fall 2016
- Topper: Recess Topper from cabi Fall 2016
- Necklace: Chelsea Charm Necklace from cabi Fall 2016
- Earrings: Silver ball studs from Target, similar to the ones in this set
- Bracelet: Crazy Lace Agate Sterling Silver Cuff Bracelet by Solid Treasures
- Shoes: Older Aerosoles. Consider instead: Good Times or Tea Shop from Aerosoles, or, these great Velvet Skimmer Shoes from Lands’ End (see below for my referral link)
Interested in purchasing? If my post inspired you to buy the lovely Pleated Star Skirt from Canvas by Lands’ End or other items from Lands’ End, please consider using my referral link. I’ll get 25% off my next order and be very grateful! Let me know you used my referral link, and give you a shout out including links to your social media.
- Margherita POW: Easy, Breezy Contrasts Tuesday Posted May 10, 2016: For coverage and/or added casualness, wear a contrasting tied tee shirt over your favorite sundress
- Run Around POW: Muted, Playful Contrasts at Home Tuesday Posted April 26, 2016: Dress down your black skirt in muted tones, with pops of fun and sunshine
- Go-To POW: No Place Like Tuesday for Sky & Earth Explorers Posted: March 29, 2016: Dress down those work-appropriate black pants with a boxy tee, explore vest, and handmade jewelry
And check out the other No Place like Home Tuesday POW posts!