Wondering what is coming up and next for Working It? Wondering why the last POW took so long? Here are my great plans, some background, and a sneak peek or five.
First, what happened this summer?
Due to a combination of a busy summer and health issues, Working It took a back seat in my life. This blog is a labor of love for style, dressing well, building confidence, and helping people out—along with for my love of cabi and great clothes and outfits. I don’t get paid for it and take time away from other things to do it. In many ways, this is my “me time.” Sometimes we don’t have time or energy for “me time,” and I didn’t this summer. My focused moved to my family and my health. This may happen sometimes. Unless/until I get paid to do this full time, I may need to take breaks and focus elsewhere. Know I’m still here and probably thinking about things to do with the blog and my next post!
Second, what is next for Working It?
I took the summer to also think about what I wanted to do with Working It. I enjoy the POW posts, but they take a lot of time. I’ve found less time to do the other sorts of posts I want to do, such as tips for various things like travel, thighs, and hot flashes; more style posts; and a bunch go Geek Chic posts. So, I will be working to post a variety of those stuff and fewer POW posts. I will continue to do POW. I think it is important to see how versatile pieces can be and how to work with your own wardrobe to expand your style possibilities. I will just be posting them less frequently than my planned two weeks per POW. I am thinking of moving it to three weeks. I’ll keep you posted when I figure out the plan. The next POW will be posted more in line with the two weeks per POW.
Here are some of the other things I am working on posting:
- Tips for dressing with menopause or other situations where there could be other quick changes of temperature
- Focused posts on some designers or products I love (or group of products)
- More Stitch Fix reviews, along with review of other things, including cabi (but not just)
- Wardrobe Essentials
- Mini POW-type posts where I style a garment multiple ways (but not seven)
- Suggestions and reviews for style problems (such as thighs rubbing together in skirts—I have solutions!)
- Maybe a mini-series on political style—since we have a woman of a major party running for president, we all might be thinking of political style or what we want to wear to run for a local or state office (perhaps with interviews of female politicians)
- Reflective pieces on “mom style,” feminist style, and more
- Posts on what I am wearing
- A series on Geek Chic dressing and style
- Personal style challenge posts and challenges
- Maybe even some tips for making costumes from your closet for Halloween
- And more!
See, I have lots of plans and ideas. I just need more time to do them
Finally, what is coming up?
We have an awesome summer to fall POW next up, with some shots shot on location. I also have a Stitch Fix review waiting in the wings (and another one soon after), and a Geek Chic post (or two) in the works. Plus, I got my hands on the Fall 2016 cabi collection, and I have some suggestions on piece sot get now, while it is still hot (at least in Atlanta), but you want some fall style.
So, stay tuned. Watch the blog and Instagram for more. And keep on Working It!