It is the month we celebrate love. But do you love your style? Are there things you would like to improve? Maybe you don’t wear enough red or always wear your heart on your sleeve. Maybe you need to improve your date night style game. Maybe you love your yoga pants too much. What are your style challenges? Want to fix them? Want to love your style? And want to win some cabi?
Take part in my Personal Style Challenge for February. Think about what changes you need to make to love your style. Think about what is holding you back and Work It! Choose to work on that one area for the month of February and see if you don’t just love your style at the end of the month.
The biggest part of my challenge for January was put on hold when I was in a car crash. It’s difficult to completely clean out one’s closet with a sprained wrist and a sprained neck. So, I am repeating my challenge from last month.
My closet is [still] a mess, with a bunch of new purchases that I don’t have room for and old stuff that no longer fits my body, lifestyle, or style—much of it from before having a kid. I need to do a closest clean out. Related to the mess that is my closet, I have been wearing a few easy-to-reach items and not enjoying the extent of what I have. This tends to mean I grab the newer stuff, as it is the easiest to get to. So, old favorites are missed. But, I am also not wearing all of the new stuff either. Putting this together, my style challenge is to curate my wardrobe, focusing on these areas:
- Finally get to the closet cleaned out, removing things that no longer fit fits my body, lifestyle, or style
- Evaluate the garments that are not worn much by wearing them and seeing how they work for me now or, if I do not wear them or can’t make them work, remove them [Started. I have a box of stuff downstairs]
- Get rid of the stuff that is not working, selling my quality clothes (from cabi, Stitch Fix, and more) and donating the rest
- Working on better methods of outfit management, such as trying the Stylebook app [I have uploaded my cabi Fall 2016 clothing, so I have started!]
- Wearing the clothes that are not getting worn, either because they are new or because they are older and lost in the chaos that is my closet. [I did a decent job here last month. I’ll try to keep that up]
- Take a day, possibly off from work (because it is hard to do anything with a toddler around), and pull everything from my closet and evaluate it [Scheduled for February 17th]
- Create a donate pile and a sell pile
- Take pictures of the items to sell and post them on the groups and possible do a closet clean-out group
- Somehow mark or note the items I am keeping but don’t wear much
- Put everything back that I am keeping, using my new closet organization items
- Mange my wardrobe and outfits through the Stylebook app [In progress]
- Wear the unworn/little worn items more and post the outfits online
So, what about you? What do you need to work on? Join me! Select a challenge for you to work on, develop a plan, and let’s kick those style challenges to the curb! Use the tag #WorkingMyPersonalStyleChallenge to show us how you are doing on Instagram. Or, leave a note for me in the comments here.
Want some help with your style challenge? Work your person style challenge, as discussed above, and you could win a $25 cabi gift certificate! I am working with the fabulous cabi stylist, Leigh Cheatwood-Harris, to bring you this opportunity. To enter, use the tag #WorkingMyPersonalStyleChallenge on Instagram to show us how you are doing. Or, leave a note for me in the comments here. Each post on Instagram will be entered to win. The cabi Spring 2017 collection just launched, and is fabulous. Work your style challenge and win some of this collection! This is a great way to work your style challenge and celebrate your improved style. Love your style and work it!