Outfit Mission Statement: Add a cardigan with a twist and fun shoes to your classic pencil skirt for an on-trend and chic manic Monday look!
Manic Monday outfits are easy career clothes to throw on for manic Mondays. This Monday we look at ways to take classic pieces with on-trend aspects for an easy, stylish office look. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the pencil skirt in general, and the cabi Fall 2016 Sigourney skirt in particular. Since pencil skirts start as chic, professional pieces, they are work-ready. Cardigans are a perfect match, also being classic and work–ready also. They make a really easy outfit to thrown on Mondays when you are not ready to start the week, but want to look like you are. This is such a classic combination that you can play with it and still have a professional work look. Here are a few variations on this with different cardigans and fun prints.
- When going with a classic outfit of a pencil skirt and cardigan, took for ways to shake it up with fun prints and modern twists
- Mix a bold print pencil skirt with the new neutral navy cardigan for a fun, yet professional look
- Look for cardigans with modern touches, like longer lengths and chiffon layers
- Add distinctive shoes for a fun finishing touch
- Add some feminine flair with ruffles, which complement the straight lines of the pencil skirt
- A pencil skirt is a great layer under a longer cardigan, as it has the slim lines you get with skinny jeans or leggings
Sigourney Skirt Outfit:
- Skirt: Sigourney Skirt from cabi Fall 2016, which is no longer readily available. See my introductory POW post for ways to get this skirt, turquoise alternatives, or other pencil skirts
- Blouse: Medallion Reign Blouse from cabi Fall 2016, which is no longer readily available (check out the introductory POW post for ways to get this)
- Sweater: Sweetheart Sweater, also from cabi Fall 2016, and is no longer readily available (check out the introductory POW post for ways to get this)
- Shoes: Blue Floral Issy Pump by Ruby Shoo via Zulily (contact me to get an invitation to join!)
- Earrings: Dolce Charm Earrings from cabi Spring 2016, which is no longer readily available (check out the introductory POW post for ways to get this (they are available via the same ways as the skirt, except they should already be in outlets—go to my introductory POW post for more)
Navy and Yellow Outfit:
- Skirt: Alyssa Printed Pencil Skirt by Brixon Ivy from Stitch Fix (use my referral link for $25 of your first Fix)
- Cami: Lace Walk Cami from cabi Fall 2015, which is no longer available; consider the Vine Cami or the Terrace Cami from the cabi Spring 2017 season
- Cardigan: Michelle Cardigan from cabi Spring 2016 which is no longer readily available (check out the introductory POW post for ways to get this) or try the Cut Out Cardigan or the Fencing Cardigan from the cabi Spring 2017 season. For more on the Michelle, check out the POW on it!
- Booties: Isobel from JustFab
- Beyond POW: Black, White, and Comfy Manic Monday: Take knit pieces in white and black for a strong, chic, and comfortable Manic Monday look.
- Ponte and Knotted Manic Monday: For a comfortable, professional Monday outfit, dress up your denim shirt with a navy ponte pencil skirt.
- Manic Flannel Monday: Outfit Mission Statement: For a cozy yet professional look, take one casual flannel and add lots of professional pieces.