Outfit Mission Statement: Write your own Saturday style with a pencil skirt, a bright print, and a stylish tee
Play Day Saturday are clothes for taking your kids to the park, running errands, talking your dog for a walk, shopping, picnicking, traveling, going to a museum or a zoo—out and about or home having fun clothes. These are the clothes you often live the best parts of your life in! The POW (Piece of the Week) is the pencil skirt in general, and the cabi Fall 2016 Sigourney skirt in particular. Once again, I’m offering too version of this outfit, a colder weather one and a warmer weather one. The key to a play day Saturday is mixing comfort and style. The right pencil skirt can be comfortable and stylish. Then just mix that with other comfortable but stylish pieces. This is a great time for a bold print and a fun accessory. I wore a similar top in both outfits, one with short sleeves one with long, to better highlight the seasonal takes. The cooler weather play day outfit far passed its comfort and style test, as I has the perfect play day and wandered around NYC in it (the pictures are taken in Morningside Park)!
- To add some fun, choose a bold print and mix with neutral basics
- If you have a busy play day, chose comfortable but enjoyable shoes—like clunky boots with a thick heel or owl flats (whooo doesn’t love owl flats?)
- Consider adding a striking piece of jewelry, but one in a single metal to keep the focus on your bright print and keep the outfit tone more casual
- For play days, look for casual and comfortable pencil skirts, like those made from a nice stretchy cotton knit or ponte
- For a pulled together look, choose a main color and keep most of your pieces in this color
- For comfort and style, choose a soft tee (long- or short-sleeved) in a stylish cut
Sigourney Skirt Outfit:
- Skirt: Sigourney Skirt from cabi Fall 2016, which is no longer readily available. See my introductory POW post for ways to get this skirt, turquoise alternatives, or other pencil skirts
- Long-sleeved Tee: Blue Serenity Tee from cabi Fall 2015. Consider any one of the several different colors of Serenity Tee in the spring 2017 collection.
- Jacket: Fate Vest from Stitch Fix (use my referral link for $25 of your first Fix)
- Boots: Older Target boots
- Scarf: Gray Owl Infinity Scarf from INTHEBAGDesign on Etsy
- Earrings: Older bead earrings, unkown.
- Bracelet: Paragon Straps Cuffvia Suzanne on eSBe—you can win most of this cuff if you participate in our April Style Challenge*
Spring Skirt Outfit:
- Pencil Skirt: This is a Cassie pencil skirt from LuLaRoe (The LuLaRoe stylist I have worked with the most is Emily Henry (firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook)
- Tee Shirt: Double-V Tee from cabi Spring 2016—you can try the two colors of the Double-V Tee form this spring 2017 collection, the blue Ultimate Tee, or the Laid Back Tee in two colors.
- Necklace: Ballerina Necklace via Suzanne on eSBe—you can win part of this necklace if you participant in our April Style Challenge*
- Earrings: Vintage Crystal Studs from Stella & Dot
- Bracelet: Eve Gray Agate Stretch Bracelet by eSBe*
- Rings: Aubree Stacking Rings by eSBe*
- Shoes: Owl Flats from Land’s End
*For all eSBe orders and questions, I recommend my eSBe Stylist, Suzanne Wall Joffrion—her ID is 246131.
- Margherita POW: White Out Over Navy Saturday: Be put together and carefree in your sundress by adding layers and accessories in a variety of whites
- Pleated Star POW: Cozy Cabled Rocky Coast Saturday: For a cozy take on a pleated skirt, add comfy pieces like a big cowl-neck sweater and suede boots
- Off to the Races Saturday: For an effortless, preppy, horse-race-ready outfit choose modern takes on classic pieces, some mixing of prints, and the sophisticated combination of black and navy—plus a hat!