Outfit Mission Statement: Go beyond your tee and jeans with a unique tunic tee and trendy layers
No place like Tuesday outfits are casual, comfy clothes for working from home, working at home, parenting (at home), and anything else where comfort is key and you are home. Although they will work for errands and anything else casual. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the Beyond Tee from cabi Fall 2016. In this outfit we see the Beyond Tee in its most basic form—with no extra styling of the panels. This is what it looks like—tunic length tee with two longer panels. It works perfectly in a casual, comfortable, yet stylish outfit. If you are a tee-and-leggings type of person, here is your stylish and funky version of it. You can add a warm layer, like the amazing Sweetheart Sweater, shown in some of the pictures. I love the mix of lengths with long sweater, long tee panels, and the tunic length tee underneath. Such fun! This is perfect for working from home, running errands, parenting, or just being chic and comfortable.
As a working mom, I often need to head out the door in a hurry while juggling kid, stuff for the day, and more. Adding a jacket and keeping track of it can be hard, especially when temperatures are variable. I find that a longer sweater can do double duty as an inside layer and a light jacket to run out the door with. Yes, you can throw the sweater on when heading out, or just have it as part of your outfit for when you will be doing a lot of in and out activities. It’s so much easier than stopping each time in and out to put something on/take it off. I know I am often juggling to much to do so. I love the Sweetheart Sweater for this. There are some other great choices from cabi this fall, including the Lara Sweater and Napa Vest.
Beyond Tee Styling Technique: Basic Beyond Tee
To work the “Basic Beyond Tee” technique:
- Put it on the frontwards way with the tag in back for a lower neckline
- Make sure the tunic and panels are not tucked in
- Think outside the normal leggings or jeans with a tee and look for unique pieces that are just as comfortable, like this Beyond Tee
- Wear a longer sweater as both an inside layer and a coat for a quick and easy day of going in and out
- Keep your sweater lighter to not add bulk or a few pounds
- Go for a longer sweater with shape, such as a defined waist, to give the outfit shape—this may help shorter people rock the longer sweater too!
- Add a gray leggings to break up an all-black look, but still keep the feel; or add some fun bright leggings to liven this up
- Keep your shoes practical and fun with some patterned sneakers
- Thrown on an easy over-the-head long necklace to go with the flow of this easy look
- Top: Beyond Tee from cabi Fall 2016
- Leggings: Sleek Leggings shown in Heather Gray from cabi Fall 2016
- Sweater: Sweetheart Sweater from cabi Fall 2016
- Necklace: Athena Necklace by Kelly Annie
- Earrings: Bead earrings by Shine Chaser Jewelry
- Shoes: SeaVees Monterey Houndstooth Lace-Up Sneakers (only available through Stitch Fix, use my referral code to get started!)
- Cozy Layers Four Ways and a Mom Bun Tuesday: Dress down your pretty skirt with casual, comfortable layers and a mom bun.
- Go-To POW: No Place Like Tuesday for Sky & Earth Explorers: Dress down those work-appropriate black pants with a boxy tee, explore vest, and handmade jewelry
- Destructed White POW: Take me out to the ballgame Tuesday: For a cool, casual, and stylish outfit for a ballgame (or any occasion where cool and comfortable is key), wear layers in the colors of your favorite team.
If you would like the Beyond Tee, contact your cabi stylist. If you do not have one, please contact me in the comments or via email, reach out to my stylist Joni Allen (via email or phone: 770 502-5243 [call or text]), Leigh Cheatwood-Harris (a friend’s stylist whom I have worked with also and can recommend: email and her site) or find a cabi stylist near you.