Anyone who has spent any time on this blog or my Instagram feed or who has met me knows I am big cabi fan. In fact, it is due in part to my great experiences with cabi that I started this blog. Now the first season of cabi since the blog started, Spring 2016, is coming to a close. So, I thought I’d share my ten favorite (plus some extra) pieces from the collection, most of which you have seen here.
What are your favorites?
1. Traveler Pants: While I did not feature these in a POW (Piece of the Week), I did feature them as one of the seven transitional pieces you need now and they were part of a POW outfit with the Plume Top. These pants are amazing! They are so soft and comfortable! I lived in them this spring (just check out my Instagram feed!). I love that they are very on-trend (Jennifer Aniston has a pair just like them) and have a rough, practical military feel. I knew they weather travel with a toddler quite well (which is as close as I ever hope to get to a war zone). The have a slight crop and can easily be rolled up for more of a cropped look and/or to show off those cute heels or sandals. The elasticized ankle cuff, reminiscent of some track pants, gives them a sporty feel. The fit is slim, so they are a comfortable fit that is not skinny or baggy. They are made from a cotton spandex sateen that feels great on but has a certain ruggedness. I ended up buying second pair, because I was wearing them so much! Shopping tip: Size down one to two sizes below your normal cabi pants size. I normally wear an 8 (style dependent), but got these in both a six and four and the four is the better fit (and I need to unbutton them to get them off). I ADORE THESE PANTS!
2. Verde Jacket: I’ve also not focused on this jacket much here. I considered it for a POW, but ran out of time. However, I did style it with the Destructed Slim Boyfriend jeans (“Destructed White: It’s Terrific Being Green Thursday”). This bright “jelly bean green” color is striking and unexpected. I get compliments every time I wear it! The jacket had a vintage, feminine feel to it, with adorable box details on the pockets (which are not overly girly in implementation). It has a very flattering cut with a peplum waist—clearly highlighting/creating your hourglass shape, and hiding that extra you may have around your waist. This jacket can easily be dressed up or down. So far, I’ve mostly worn it for work, as it makes a light, professional layer. I must admit, part of my love of this jacket is how good the color looks on me. This is not a color that with work as well for everyone—but certainly is something many a redhead can rock (and many others too).
3. Margherita Dress: Yes, we have here a POW! This fun, easy, breezy sundress was my eight POW. As I show, it is very versatile and can work for office, play, dressing up, or whatever! You can buy it in two prints, this navy and white print version or a prism pattern. One of the best things about this sundress is the pockets! It is a longer length—not quite maxi—with an asymmetrical hem. It is a light and cool viscose fabric. It moves and blows easily in the breeze. Check out the POW for more!
4. Cruise Jacket: This classic, high-end styled jacket was featured in my “Go-To POW: Working It Classic Nautical Wednesday” and you will see it again soon! This is an amazing piece with great details, like the gold and email buttons. It is a “Love, Carol” piece, which is a special sub collection of higher-end pieces designed by Carol Anderson (the CA in cabi). It has a nautical feel to it with navy, cream, and red stripes. The fabric is a very soft woven fabric that is light and cool. It is a tailored jacket that creates fine lines. The jacket works well for work (I’ve worn it a few times), but can also be dressed down with some destructed jeans for a fun, casual look. This piece is really special.
5. Go-To Trouser: This is another POW and during that POW I really fell in love with them. At first glance, they may seem to just be black trousers. But looking closely, you will see they are a shorter style pants (“ankle skimming”). They are a light, but sturdy, blend of cotton, modal, and spandex, which means they move and stretch wonderfully. Which also means, they are very comfortable. The shorter length allows you to really show off some fun shoes. While perfect for work (especially on hot summer days), they can easily for nearly any occasion, as I show in the POW. I highly recommend these wardrobe essentials! I could go on forever about them, but why don’t you check out the POW?
6. Bardot Shirt: Yes, we have another POW—the lovely, boho & boutique vibe Bardot Shirt. This shirt turned me from not liking denim shirts on me to loving them. I’ve even bough another since. The navy embroidery gives it a boutique and Southwestern feel, which is a fun combination! It works well as a cover up or layer, along with as a blouse. It can easily be dressed up for work, special occasions, and dates. The faded blue makes it an easy choice for the denim-on-denim trend, as it will likely be a different color then the other denim pieces you are wearing together.
7. Lido Skirt: You cannot go wrong with a navy ponte pencil skirt. I’ve talked about how ponte is the perfect work fabric. I’ve also suggested ponte knit pencil skirt is a must. Plus, navy is a fabulous new neutral and power color. Combined, you have the perfect skirt! I did not feature the Lido Skirt as a POW, but did post about is a transitional piece you need now and styled it in the Fall into Spring outfit. Pencil skirts are flattering and can work on many different body types. I love them for work. This one has a few cool features. First, it has pockets! And it also have a tiered hem for a subtle touch of style.
8. Sleeveless Double Drape Tee: This is an incredibly flattering top. The draping gives you curves if you don’t have them and it flatters what you do have (even hiding if you have a bit extra). I styled this in the Michelle POW: Working It Navy Power Wednesday if you want to see how great it is for work. It also can be worn casually and really would help you rock a date. I know women from XS to XL who love this top! Plus, it is navy!
9. Destructed Slim Boyfriend: These white jeans are my current POW. They are an amazingly soft denim in a vintage white. They have striking contrast trim, for a special touch. The slim boyfriend shape is flattering and comfortable. The destruction (rips) add an edge and can be a fun element, especially in otherwise fancy outfits. They roll up nicely, to show off fun heels or sandals. For an on-trend white jean, it doesn’t get my better!
10. Multiple sleeveless tops: I can’t decide. So, I’m cheating a bit here. There are several nice sleeveless tops in the collection this season, and I couldn’t just pick one. They all have very different features and style. So, among my favorites, you can pick yours:
a. Luisa Tank: This bright floral, racer-back style tank is cheerful and fun. I didn’t really like it until I tried it on and then it became a must have! It works great for work, play, dressy, or casual. See it styles for work in “Run Around POW: Elegant Layers and Brights Manic Monday.”
b. Bella Top: This graceful, feminine beauty looks great on. The flowing, ruffled layer under the straight layer, gives it a unique look. The soft floral has a mix of colors, so this top can go with a lot. The merrowed edges give it a modern touch. I did not style it on the blog yet. But, expect to see it on Instagram a lot this summer! It goes well with a lot, but I love it with denim cut-offs.
c. Tivoli Top: In contrast to bright or feminine, we have this fierce black, ivory, and taupe animal print top. It have wonderful touches like lacy mesh and a keyhole closure. Its wonder for work (especially with the Go-To Trouser), but works for dates or anything. I’ve styled it for work and with one on-trend bright jeans and a fall black jacket.
11. Martini Top: This is my “honorable mention” as it deserves to be on the list. This navy print blouse (with whiter and green “olives”), has a swingy relaxed fit in a button-down style. It has a bit of a 60s feel to it. It has ¾ length sleeves for a cool summer look. While it can be styled down, I find it perfect for work. I styled it on the blog in a few different ways, including Run Around POW: Off to the Races Saturday and Michelle POW: Analogous Color Fun Saturday.
I really did love this season of cabi, and it was hard to choose just ten, or eleven, or I guess 13 favorite pieces! Which are your favorites?
If you would like any of these contact your cabi stylist ASAP! I believe the season ends June 30th. If you do not have a stylist, please contact me in the comments or via email, reach out to my (Joni Allen via email or phone: 770 502-5243 [call or text]), or find a cabi stylist near you.