Outfit Mission Statement: Mix high-end, sophisticated pieces with your destructed jean for a rich, yet edgy, boardroom look
Working it Wednesday outfits are professional career clothes, often a step or two above Manic Monday outfits. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 Destructed Slim Boyfriend jeans. Destructed jeans may not be everyone’s idea of office appropriate. If this doesn’t work for your office, consider regular white jeans, white linen pants, or other white pants instead. As discussed in Pretty in Pink & Pearls Sunday Best, the trick to making destructed jeans work for dressier occasions, like work, is to combine it with dressier/more professional pieces, even over the top dressy/professional pieces. High-end pieces with special details can be the way to do that. Think designer. Think quality. Think professional. The high-end Cruise Jacket is a perfect example of a classy, professional piece with rich details, like gold and enamel buttons. Even with destructed jeans, you can create a rich, boardroom-ready outfit by combining them with sophisticated and classy items.
- Mix destructed jeans with high-end, professional pieces that have rich details for a sophisticated, yet edgy, office look
- Add a lux leopard print belt for a funky, yet classy touch
- Mix sophisticated patterns, like a nautical stripe and classy leopard print, to add class and style
- Grab a designer handbag for a polished finishing touch
- Look for luxurious, but not loud, accessories to add further sophistication and affluence
- Consider rich fabrics, like suede, faux animal hair, and luxurious woven fabrics to contrast with the rips
- Style your hair in a sleek chignon for a smooth, put-together look
- Combine different shades of white for on-trend sophistication
- Jeans: Destructed Slim Boyfriend jeans from cabi Spring 2016
- Jacket: Cruise Jacket from cabi Spring 2016
- Top: Firth Avenue tee from cabi Spring 2014, consider instead the Pleated Shell from Ann Taylor, Pintucked Keyhole Top also from Ann Taylor, or the Sleeveless Shell from Canvas by Land’s End.
- Earrings: Black Knot Earrings by Sloan Ranger, which do not seem to be available, but the Navy Enamel Knot Studs are similar (currently only available wholesale)
- Leopard Print Belt: Kipling Belt from cabi fall 2015, which is no longer available. Consider the Leopard Print Haircalf Belt from Express, the Lush Leopard Print Belt from Chico, or the Lauren by Ralph Lauren on Zappos.
- Handbag: Michael Kors Selma Medium Satchel from Macy’s
- Necklace: Crosby Link Necklace from Stella & Dot, which is no longer available—consider instead the Elements Rocky Link Necklace by Alexis Bittar at Off 5th Saks Fifth Avenue, Statement Linked Necklace by Blue Nile, or the Gold Tone Ring Link Necklace by Nine West at Bealls.
- Shoes: These are beige suede pumps from Target last year. Here are some available options: the Lainee Pumps at Target, Glamorous by Aerosoles, or Doppler Radar by Aerosoles
If you want of these cabi pieces, contact your cabi stylist ASAP! The season is closing, but she may still be able to help you with samples or have access to the retired season pieces. If you do not have a stylist, please contact me in the comments or via email, reach out to my stylist, Joni Allen, via email or phone: 770 502-5243 [call or text]), or find a cabi stylist near you.
- Go-to POW: Working It Classic Nautical Wednesday posted March 23, 2016. Combine the perfect black work trousers with a classic nautical jacket for chic, preppy, and professional look that implies success.
- Bardot POW: Working It Wrapped, Classy Linen & Denim Wednesday posted June 08, 2016. Make your denim shirt work for work by pairing it with a classic neutral linen trouser and sophisticated accessories.
- Plume POW: Working It Classic & Modern Coco Wednesday posted April 06, 2016. Create a career outfit with the same put-together professionalism as a suit with a few modern interpretations of classic pieces.