In any good wardrobe you can mix fall pieces into your spring looks. One of the many great things about the cabi collections is the pieces work across seasons. I’m going to highlight six great pieces from the fall collection that you may have in your wardrobe and show how you can wear them with the spring cabi collection. But if you don’t have these pieces or if you are not a cabi fan, I’ll discuss how you can take similar pieces and rock the more traditional fall pieces this spring and summer!
First off—the Twilight Jacket! This is a motorcycle-inspired jacket in a dark steel color. If you don’t have this piece, any dark neutral moto jacket can be styled similarly. I bought this jacket in the fall, but am finding that I am wearing it a lot more this spring. I tend to wear it in two ways—one as an inside layer jacket (think blazer) and the other is as an outside jacket/layer (think motorcycle jacket). In either case it provides a nice edge with the moto styling. I find the dark grey softens the edge somewhat, making it work even better for office wear. The asymmetrical zip and cropped style are slimming, creating a lovely waist right at where we may have a problem area (masking it wonderfully.
If you are looking for a moto jacket in dark colors, checkout:
- Biker Jacket from H&M
- Cotton Moto Jacket from Levi's
- Bar III Quilted Moto Jacket at Macy's
- Calvin Klein Tweed Faux-Leather Moto Jacket at Macy’s
- Marled French Terry Moto Jacket at Express
For moto jackets in spring colors, try:
- NIC+ZOE Stretch-Linen Moto Jacket at Lord + Taylor, which is is a cream colored lined (called brown for some reason)
- Members Only High/Low Moto Jacket at Urban Outfittters in a lovely pink or grey
The moto styling is a fabulous contrast to the bright, feminine colors and lace of the spring, adding an edge to the sweet. You may find this is a nice balance for you if the more feminine styles this spring are not your cup of tea (or snifter of whiskey). I especially love how the grey of the moto goes with the bright colors of the Plume Top (styled in seven other ways here). Other cabi spring 2016 tops that work wonderfully with the Twilight jacket or other motos include the Bella Top (a lovely combo), Gelato Top, Linea Cami, Luisa Tank, Positano Top, and the Vita Blouse. From your own spring wardrobe, look for pretty and ideally colorful short or sleeveless blouses.
- Use your fall moto jacket to add some edge to your spring florals and laces
- For a comfortable yet edgy business casual outfit for work, wear the moto as a jacket with your bring blouse and some comfortable ponte pants, such as the Capote Trouser (as shown)
- For a fun date outfit, consider the same type of outfit, just replace the pants with skinny jeans, perhaps the Destructed Skinny (regular or curvy)
- Roll the sleeves of the moto up for a fresh, on-trend look that may make you more comfortable on these warming days
- Moto Jacket: Twilight Jacket from cabi Fall 2015. See above for alternatives that are available.
- Blouse: Plume Top from cabi Spring 2016
- Pants: Capote Trouser from cabi Spring 2016
- Necklace: Villa Necklace from cabi Spring 2016
- Earrings: Dolce Charm Earrings from cabi Spring 2016
- Shoes: Unisa Eavvi Sandal sold at DSW