Outfit Mission Statement: Mix solid colors and play brights off white for pop of polished fun!
TTT Thursday outfits are Trendy, Transitional, and/or Terrific—in other words my choice. It can be whatever other outfit ideas the garment gave me. It may be something very trendy, transitional, terrific, or something else. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 Destructed Slim Boyfriend jeans. This week I focus on two—trendy and terrific. Bright colors are a trend and this jellybean green is certainly bright! Paired with these white jeans it even pops more. I added a few more trends—nautical navy stripes, denim-on-denim, and eyelets—all things that are very in. But, the real reason I choose this outfit is I love the top and blazer—the colors and style of both is fabulous. I wanted to show them off, and what better way than with two neutrals—a white and a navy?
The jacket was one of the first items I bought from cabi this season. I adore it. It’s a great lighter summer weight, but heavy enough it could work year round (at least in Georgia). The sleeves roll up nicely for the modern look. And it has these great bow details on the pockets (check it out on the cabi site, none of my pictures do it justice). Every time I wear this jacket I get multiple compliments.
The eyelet blouse is also a great piece. I love eyelets to begin with. But I really like how the eyelet pattern here is more modern and not the more feminine patterns I normally see—it’s almost a puzzle type of pattern. I also love the wide, forgiving shape of it. The wider straps are also nice—they easily cover bra straps, making this a great layering piece.
I combined them both with some favorite pieces—this fun bug necklace; my preppy, nautical stripe clutch; and these great espadrille wedges; plus, of course, these edgy jeans! The result is a fun, surprising, and very “me” outfit.
- Play bright colors off white jeans to give the colors even more pop
- For a different, yet together & polished look, try mixing solids colors or very large patterns (like the striped clutch)
- Want compliments? Wear great pieces you love
- Don’t be afraid to dress in bright colors and a couple of neutrals—you do not need patterns to have fun with color
- When creating outfits that are very “you” look for favorite pieces and see if they work—don’t be afraid to experiment (at the very least you will probably love it)
- Look for pieces with unique features and details—like the box pockets and eyelet pattern—for a distinctive look that will draw attention and make you feel like a million bucks
- When your outfit is a mix of solid colors, consider adding a fun statement necklace to add visual interest
- I’ve said it before, and will say it again—consider rolling the sleeves on your jackets for a modern touch (and it keeps you a bit cooler in the summer heat)
- Jeans: Destructed Slim Boyfriend jeans from cabi Spring 2016
- Jacket: Verde Jacket from cabi Spring 2016
- Top: Gemma Top from cabi Spring 2016
- Cami: V-Neck Cami from cabi Spring 2016
- Clutch: Classic navy stripe tassel clutch by Sloan Ranger
- Shoes: Meredith Espadrille Sandals by Merona at Target
- Bracelet: White Filigree Stretch Bracelet by M. Haskell for INC at Macy’s—I could not find this, consider instead the M. Haskell for INC Gold-Tone Beaded Stretch Bangle Bracelet or the M. Haskell for INC Gold-Tone White Beaded and Crystal Fireball Stretch Bracelet, both at Macy's
- Necklace: Scarab Collar from Bauble Bar
- Earrings: Curvaceous Ear Jackets from Bauble Bar
- Plume POW: Whites Out Saturday posted April 16, 2016. Try out the whites trend by mixing various whites in one or more garments, your, shoes, and your accessories.
- Fall into Spring 4: Bring Your Navy Lace Forward into Spring and Summertime! Posted May 30, 2016
- Michelle POW: Flutter & Sea No Place Like Tuesday posted March 15, 2016. For a casual nautical look, limit the nautical, but add a flattering cardigan and white jeans for a comfortably on-trend and classic look.
And do not forget the other terrific TTT Thursday posts!