Outfit Mission Statement: Be the sexiest and most comfortable woman in the room by wearing a curve-hugging, flaw-hiding all-black outfit in a soft, comfortable fabric
Friday Night Drinks POW outfits are for going out on a date, getting drinks, seeing a band play, going to dinner and a movie—something where you want to look good and may wear some sexier clothes and statement pieces. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 Run Around Skirt. I’ve mentioned before that this skirt is sexy, right? Well, this skirts is very sexy. It is perfect for a date night. You can make a sexy date night outfit by simply pairing it with a pretty blouse or top. The Tivoli Top and the Vita Blouse would work to make funky or pretty date night looks that are also very sexy. I’ll let you play around with the blouse and skirt combo. Instead, let me suggest something that is even more comfortable and even sexier. Try the skirt's sister garment—theblack Gathered Tee. An all-black outfit also exudes sex appeal. That’s why the little black dress exists. It’s striking, strong, and confident. Any cute or sexy black top could work with the Run Around Skirt for a hot all-black look. But, make the items body hugging (in all the right ways) with drapes, gathers, and layers, and you have quite the hot look. While you will be the sexiest woman in the room, you will probably also be the most comfortable. After all these is a tee shirt and skirt made of the wonderfully soft and stretchy Lenzing fabric. You think your tee shirt if comfortable? Comparatively, it is not. Trust me.
With these two pieces, you really don’t need to do much else. Sure add pair of sexy heals and some nice accessories, and maybe a striking red lip to the finish this look. But you could wear some nice sandals and also call it done.
- You can create slender and long illusion by dressing in a single color—black, body hugging clothes make you look even more slender, while also emphasizing curves (curvy and slender? What more do you want?)
- Keep in mind you can be sexy and comfortable, if you choose soft fabrics that move with you, such as Lenzing (if you are not comfortable, you are probably not sexy)
- You do not have to show a lot of skin to be sexy—this outfit is rather modest, but the color and fit are what makes it look sexy and your attitude can help!
- If youwear two similar items (fabric and color) you can create the illusion of a dress, which seems dressier
- When wearing such a knockout outfit you can go subtle with the accessories or you can push it even more—such as wearing sexy shoes, a stunning necklace, and a red lip
- Are you a mom who feels guilty going out and leaving her kid(s) behind? Bring a reminder of your dears with you, such as this amazing ring by Solid Treasures which I had stamped with my son’s name. It’s a nice reminder that always makes me smile, and somehow that helps any guilt (and a guilty mom is not very sexy, nor is she having a good time)
- Worried about problem areas? Garments that have gathering, ruching, draping, or other features in the problem are should "hide" the problems in elegant ways
- Skirt: Run Around Skirt from cabi Spring 2106
- Top: Gathered Tee from cabi Spring 2106
- Necklace: Sadly the Casablanca Necklace has sold out at Stella & Dot (they do have earrings and a bracelet if you like the look). If you want a longer statement pieces, consider the Nile Necklace, the Azure Tassel Necklace, or the Alila Lace Necklace.
- Earrings: Vintage Crystal Studs Earrings from Stella & Dot
- Ring: Stamped Ring by Solid Treasures
- Shoes: These are from Target last year, I think. But, Target has some good substitutes:
- Orianna pumps: For the ankle strap look, from Sam & Libby, in faux lizard
- Ankle Strap Stiletto Pumps: For something on the sexy side, from the Journee Collection
- I also like the Interlux: Fun beaded fringe and straps make these sexy and enjoyable to wear