Outfit Mission Statement: For a comfortable, professional Monday outfit, dress up your denim shirt with a navy ponte pencil skirt
Manic Monday outfits are easy career clothes to throw on for manic Mondays. This Monday we focus on creating an professional, comfortable work outfit. The POW (Piece of the Week) is the cabi Spring 2016 of Bardot Shirt. The denim shirt in general, and the Bardot in particular, dress up very nicely for a casual work look. The embroidery on the Bardot gives it a special touch that works well for a casual Friday or Monday. Any casual button down shirt can be quickly and easily dressed a with a nice pencil skirt. The pencil skirt adds instant professionalism. And no one has to know if is the amazing, comfortable ponte knit (remember, I’ve suggested a ponte knit pencil skirt is a must).
- To make a casual skirt work appropriate wear it with a pencil skirt—make that pencil skirt ponte for added comfort and ease (for more see dressy ponte pencil and work ponte pencil)
- For a casual work look, you don’t have to tuck your shirt in—consider tying it in a knot at your waist for something a bit different (and that emphasizes your waist)
- Just make sure you are appropriately covered and are not showing belly or too much chest for work (think professional, not teen girl in the summer)
- To up the professionalism, go for a single strong neutrals, like navy, for your skirt and cami
- The navy works especially well with the Bardot because it matches the navy embroidery, creating consistency and looking more put together
- Navy is also very in right now, so it makes you look on-trend
- See more about wearing navy in general and to work
- Consider a nice pop of color in your accessories, jewelry, or shoes, such as red wedges
- Otherwise, go with simple neutral jewelry to keep it professional, or if your work environment favors casual or creative, add more color and pop with your accessories
- Consider rolling your sleeves for a modern, getting-down-to-business look
- Shirt: Bardot Shirt from cabi Spring 2016
- Skirt: Newport Skirt from cabi spring 2014—consider the current season Lido skirt for a similar look
- Cami: Cami from Lila Rose
- Necklace: Lapis Teardrop Necklace With Pyrite Flecks & Crescent Moon Cutout by Solid Treasures
- Earrings: Silver customer made earring by Solid Treasures
- Bracelet: Part of the Villa Necklace from cabi Spring 2016
- Shoes: Older Aerosoles, for available ones, consider Me N You, Mint Plush, or Outer Space, all from Aerosoles
- Plaid POW: Manic Flannel Monday posted February 22, 2016. For a cozy yet professional look, take one casual flannel and add lots of professional pieces.
- Plaid POW: Sparkling & Flannel Sunday Best posted February 28, 2016. Turn flannel elegant by adding a dressy skirt and accessories.
- Go-To POW: Denim on Top Saturday posted April 02, 2016. Wear your denim on top with classic black pants for a casual, fun, and modern outfit with a touch of class.